Effective Surface Passivation of CdMnTe Materials
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Passivation is an important process that reduces surface leakage current and its attendant noise. We treated detector-grade large-volume CdMnTe:In samples with an (NH4)-based passivant, and compared the results with untreated samples by measuring current–voltage characteristics, surface recombination velocity, Raman spectroscopy, and charge-collection mapping. The leakage current of the passivated CdMnTe (CMT) detectors decreased five to ten times, and surface recombination declined five to six times, depending on the passivation conditions applied. We satisfactorily explained these improvements in detector performance as resulting from different passivation layers that were generated by distinct chemical reactions, as determined by the pH of the passivant.
- A. Mycielski, A. Burger, M. Sowinska, M. Sowinska, M. Groza, A. Szadkowski, P. Wojnar, B. Witkowska, W. Kaliszek, and P. Siffert, Phys. Stat. Sol. (c) 2, 1578 (2005). CrossRef
- K.H. Kim, S.H. Cho, J.H. Suh, J. Hong, and S.U. Kim, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 56, 858 (2009). CrossRef
- Y. Nemirovsky, G. Asa, A. Ruzin, H. Gorelik, and R. Sudharsanan, J. Electron. Mater. 27, 807 (1998). CrossRef
- G.W. Wright, R.B. James, A.C. Burger, and A. Douglas, US Patent 6524966 (2003).
- K.H. Kim, G.S. Camarda, A.E. Bolotnikov, R.B. James, J. Hong, and S.U. Kim, J. Appl. Phys. 105, 093705 (2009). CrossRef
- S.G. Dremlyuzhenko, Z.I. Zakharuk, I.M. Rarenko, V.M. Srtebegev, A.G. Voloshchuk, and I.M. Yurijchuk, Semicond. Phys. Quant. Electron. Optoelectron. 7, 52 (2004).
- E. Menéndez-Proupin, G. Gutiérrez, E. Palmero, and J.L. Peña, Phys. Stat. Sol. (c) 1, S104 (2004). CrossRef
- R. Hussin, N.S. Leong, and N.S. Alias, J. Fundam. Sci. 5, 17 (2009).
- G. Yang, A.E. Bolotnikov, G.S. Camarda, Y. Cui, A. Hossain, H.W. Yao, and R.B. James, J. Electron. Mater. 38, 1563 (2009). CrossRef
- Effective Surface Passivation of CdMnTe Materials
Journal of Electronic Materials
Volume 39, Issue 7 , pp 1015-1018
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- leakage current
- ammonium sulfide
- ammonium fluoride
- tellurium oxide
- surface recombination
- charge-collection efficiency
- Industry Sectors