Improved Uniformity and Electrical Performance of Continuous-Wave Laser-Crystallized TFTs Using Metal-Induced Laterally Crystallized Si Film
Continuous-wave (CW) laser crystallization (CLC) of amorphous Si (α-Si) has previously been employed to fabricate high-performance low-temperature polycrystalline silicon (poly-Si) thin-film transistors (TFTs). Unfortunately, their uniformity was poor because the shape of the beam profiles was Gaussian. In this study, α-Si film was replaced by Ni-metal-induced laterally crystallized Si (MILC-Si). MILCLC-Si was MILC-Si irradiated by a CW laser (λ ≈ 532 nm and power ≈ 3.8 W). It was found that the performance and uniformity of the metal-induced laterally crystallized continuous-wave laser crystallization - thin film transistors (MILCLC-TFTs) were much better than those of the CLC-TFTs. Therefore, the MILCLC-TFT is suitable for application in systems on panels.
- Stewart, M., Howell, R.S., Pires, L., Hatalis, M.K. (2001) IEEE Trans. Electron. Dev. 48: pp. 845 CrossRef
- Lee, S.W., Joo, S.K. (1996) IEEE Electron. Dev. Lett. 17: pp. 160 CrossRef
- Meng, Z., Wang, M., Wong, M. (2000) IEEE Trans. Electron. Dev. 47: pp. 404 CrossRef
- Hara, A., Takei, M., Takeuchi, F., Suga, K., Yoshino, K., Chida, M. (2004) Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43: pp. 1269 CrossRef
- Hara, A., Yoshino, K., Takeuchi, F., Sasaki, N. (2004) Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42: pp. 23 CrossRef
- Lin, Y.T., Chen, C., Shieh, J.M., Lee, Y.J., Pan, C.L., Cheng, C.W. (2006) Appl. Phys. Lett. 88: pp. 233511 CrossRef
- Lin, Y.T., Chen, C., Shieh, J.M., Lee, Y.J., Pan, C.L. (2007) Appl. Phys. Lett. 90: pp. 073508 CrossRef
- S.J. Park, S.H. Kang, Y.M. Ku, and J. Jang, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 814, I2.3.1/A3.3.1 (2004).
- Hu, C.M., Wu, Y.S., Lin, C.C. (2007) IEEE Electron. Dev. Lett. 28: pp. 1000 CrossRef
- E. Robert, R. Hill, and R. Abbaschian, Physical Metallurgy Principles, 3rd ed. (Boston: Thomson, 1992), p. 254.
- Chao, C.W., Wu, Y.S., Hu, G.R., Feng, M.S. (2003) Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42: pp. 1556 CrossRef
- Improved Uniformity and Electrical Performance of Continuous-Wave Laser-Crystallized TFTs Using Metal-Induced Laterally Crystallized Si Film
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Electronic Materials
Volume 37, Issue 11 , pp 1653-1656
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Metal-induced lateral crystallization
- continuous-wave laser
- polycrystalline-silicon thin-film transistors
- Industry Sectors