Silicon solar-cell processing for minimizing the influence of impurities and defects
- Bhushan Sopori
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Commercial Si solar cells are fabricated on low-cost wafers that contain high concentrations of impurities and defects. To achieve high device efficiency, cell-fabrication processing must include steps that can remove as-grown impurities and defects as much as possible and passivate the remaining. However, to maintain the cost effectiveness, these processes must be included as a part of a typical cell-fabrication sequence without increasing the number of process steps. This paper discusses various solar-cell processing approaches for minimizing deleterious effects of impurities and defects to yield high efficiency.
Supplementary Material (0)
- B. Sopori, Proc. ICDS-19, ed. G. Davies and M.H. Nazare (Aedermannsdorf, Switzerland: Trans Tech Publications, 1997), pp. 527–534.
- B.L. Sopori, L. Jastrzebski, T.Y. Tan, and S. Narayanan, Proc. 12th PVSEC (1994), pp. 1003–1007.
- B.L. Sopori, W. Chen, K. Nemire, J. Gee, and S. Ostapenko, Proc. 2nd World Conf. Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion (1998), pp. 152–155.
- B.L. Sopori, X. Deng, J.P. Benner, A. Rohatgi, P. Sana, S.K. Estreicher, Y.K. Park, and M.A. Roberson, Solar Energy Mater. Solar Cells 41/42, 159 (1996). CrossRef
- A.A. Istratov, H. Hieslmair, and E.R. Weber, Appl. Phys. A69, 13 (1999).
- B.L. Sopori, ed., Proc. 9th Workshop Crystalline Silicon Solar Cell Materials Processes, (Golden, CO: National Renewable Energy Laboratory) NREL/BK-520-26941.
- B.L. Sopori, W. Chen, T.Y. Tan, and P. Plekhanov, “NCPV Photovoltaics Program Review,” AIP Conf. Proc., Woodbury, NY, ed. M. Al-Jassim, J. Thornton, and J. Gee (AIP, 1998), vol. 462, p. 341.
- B. Sopori, Y. Zhang, and N.M. Ravindra, J. Electron. Mater. 30, 8. 1616 (2001).
- J.G. Fossum and F.A. Lindholm, IEEE Trans. ED-27, 692 (1980).
About this Article
- Silicon solar-cell processing for minimizing the influence of impurities and defects
Journal of Electronic Materials
Volume 31, Issue 10 , pp 972-980
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- solar cells
- Industry Sectors
- Bhushan Sopori (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 80401, Golden, CO