(Al)GaInP multiquantum well LEDs on GaAs and Ge
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
MOVPE growth of AlGaInP layers on GaAs and Ge have been demonstrated. The surface morphology of the epilayers was smooth under optimized growth conditions. The epilayers showed good PL intensity on both GaAs and Ge substrates. It has been observed that at room temperature the PL intensity drops in the first few seconds after excitation and attains a steady state. The Zn-doped AlGaInP did not show any signs of H-passivation. The MQW LEDs on both the substrates produced electroluminescence which increased with applied current. Results indicate the feasibility of AlGaInP LEDs on Ge.
- Compound Semiconductor 5, 14 (1999).
- M. D’Hondt, Z.-Q. Yu, B Depreter, C. Sys, I. Moerman, P. Demeester, and P. Mijlemans, J. Cryst. Growth 195, 655 (1998). CrossRef
- M. Behet, J. De Boeck, G. Borghs, and P. Mijlemans, Electron. Lett. 34, 2273 (1998). CrossRef
- M.J. Matragano, V. Krishnamoorthy, D.G. Ast, and J.R. Shealy, J. Cryst. Growth 142, 275 (1994). CrossRef
- K. Kobayashi, I Hino, A. Gomyo, S. Kawata, and T. Suzuki, IEEE J. of QE QE-23, 704 (1987). CrossRef
- P.R. Hageman, A. van Geelen, W. Gabrielse, G.J. Bauhuis, and L.J. Giling, J. Cryst. Growth 125, 336 (1992). CrossRef
- S. Minagawa, M. Kondow, H. Yanagisawa, and T. Tanaka, J. Cryst. Growth 118, 42 (1992). CrossRef
- Y. Qingxuan, P. Ruiwu, and Li Guiyun (Paper presented at the 5th European Workshop on MOVPE and Related Growth Techniques, Sweden, 2–4 June 1993).
- J.P. Andre, E. Dupont Nivet, D. Moroni, J.N. Patillon, M. Erman, and T. Ngo, J. Cryst. Growth 77, 354 (1986). CrossRef
- (Al)GaInP multiquantum well LEDs on GaAs and Ge
Journal of Electronic Materials
Volume 29, Issue 1 , pp 80-85
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Information Technology, University of Gent/IMEC, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000, Gent, Belgium
- 2. Union Minière-Advanced Materials/Venture Unit, Watertorenstraat 33, B-2250, Olen, Belgium