Mathematical model of COREX melter gasifier: Part II. Dynamic model
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A dynamic model of the COREX melter gasifier is developed to study the transient behavior of the furnace. The effect of pulse disturbance and step disturbance on the process performance has been studied. This study shows that the effect of pulse disturbance decays asymptotically. The step change brings the system to a new steady state after a delay of about 5 hours. The dynamic behavior of the melter gasifier with respect to a shutdown/blow-on condition and the effect of tapping are also studied. The results show that the time response of the melter gasifier is much less than that of a blast furnace.
- S. Pal and A.K. Lahiri: Metall. Mater. Trans. B, 2003, vol. 34B, pp. 103–14.
- H. Kubo, T. Nishiyama, G. Kyoguchi, M. Yasuno, S. Taguchi, and J. Kurihara: Proc. 3rd Process Technology Conf., Pittsburgh, PA, Mar. 1982, Iron and Steel Society of AIME, 1982, vol. 3, pp. 39–48.
- M. Hatano and H. Yamaoka: Heat and Mass Transfer in Metallurgical Systems, D.B. Spalding and N.H. Afgan, eds., McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, NY, 1981, pp. 65–76.
- K. Takatani, T. Inada, and Y. Ujisawa: Iron Steel Inst. Jpn. Int., 1999, vol. 39, pp. 15–22.
- G.A. Flierman and H. Oderkerk: Pre-print of Iron Steel Inst. Meeting on Mathematical Process Models in Iron and Steel Making, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1973, p. 40.
- J.A. de Castro, H. Nogami, and J. Yagi: Iron Steel Inst. Jpn. Int., 2000, vol. 40, pp. 637–46.
- T. Yamamoto, Y. Ujisawa, H. Ishida, and K. Takatani: Iron Steel Inst. Jpn. Int., 1999, vol. 39, pp. 705–14.
- S.V. Patankar: Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, NY, 1980, p. 83.
- Mathematical model of COREX melter gasifier: Part II. Dynamic model
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B
Volume 34, Issue 1 , pp 115-119
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors