Date: 21 Feb 2014
The Changing Face of General Internal Medicine and Lessons Learned from Geriatric Medicine
- Hayden B. Bosworth PhD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. HCUP facts and figures statistics on hospital-based care in the United States, 2009. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/factsandfigures/2009/pdfs/FF_report_2009.pdf. Published November 2011. Accessed January 10, 2014
- Covinsky, KE, Palmer, RM, Fortinsky, RH (2003) Loss of independence in activities of daily living in older adults hospitalized with medical illnesses: increased vulnerability with age. J Am Geriatr Soc 51: pp. 451-458 CrossRef
- Day H. EE, Lee S., Wald H., Counsell S., Rich E. Optimizing Health for Complex Adults in Primary Care: Current Challenges and a Way Forward. J Gen Intern Med 2014. doi:10.1007/s11606-013-2749-x.
- Chang A. FH, Cayea D., Chheda S., Paniagua M., Eckstrom E., Day H. Complexity in Graduate Medical Education: A Collaborative Education Agenda for Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. J Gen Intern Med 2014. doi:10.1007/s11606-013-2752-2.
- Weiner, JP, Yeh, S, Blumenthal, D (2013) The impact of health information technology and e-health on the future demand for physician services. Health Aff (Millwood) 32: pp. 1998-2004 CrossRef
- Wald HL. LL, Mattison MLP., Vasilevskis EE., Meltzer D. Road Map to a Patient-Centered Research Agenda at the Intersection of Hospital Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. J Gen Intern Med 2014. doi:10.1007/s11606-014-2777-1.
- Tinetti, ME, McAvay, GJ, Chang, SS (2011) Contribution of multiple chronic conditions to universal health outcomes. J Am Geriatr Soc 59: pp. 1686-1691 CrossRef
- Eng, C, Pedulla, J, Eleazer, GP, McCann, R, Fox, N (1997) Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): an innovative model of integrated geriatric care and financing. J Am Geriatr Soc 45: pp. 223-232
- Counsell, SR, Callahan, CM, Clark, DO (2007) Geriatric care management for low-income seniors: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 298: pp. 2623-2633 CrossRef
- Lenfant, C (2003) Shattuck lecture–clinical research to clinical practice–lost in translation?. N Engl J Med 349: pp. 868-874 CrossRef
- Balas, EA, Weingarten, S, Garb, CT, Blumenthal, D, Boren, SA, Brown, GD (2000) Improving preventive care by prompting physicians. Arch Intern Med 160: pp. 301-308 CrossRef
- Lindquist LA. CK, Lana KM., Petty BG., Williams BC., Kutner JS. Making General Internal Medicine Research Relevant to the Older Patient: Principles of Subject Selection and Outcomes Measurement J Gen Intern Med 2014. doi:10.1007/s11606-013-2719-3.
- The Changing Face of General Internal Medicine and Lessons Learned from Geriatric Medicine
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 29, Issue 6 , pp 824-826
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Hayden B. Bosworth PhD (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Departments of Medicine, Psychiatry, and Nursing, Duke University Medical Center, 411 Chapel Hill Street, Suite 600, Durham, NC, 27701, USA
- 2. Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VAMC, Durham, USA