Counting Quality, Not Hours: Understanding the Impact of Duty Hour Reform on Internal Medicine Residency Education
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
- ACGME Common Program Requirements. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/acwebsite/home/Common_Program_Requirements_07012011.pdf Accessed June 30, 2012.
- Fletcher KE, Visotcky AM, Slagle JM, Tarima S, Weinger MB, Schapira MM. The composition of intern work while on call. J Gen Intern Med. 2012. doi:10.1007/s11606-012-2120-7.
- Gonzalo J, Herzig S, Reynolds E, Yang J. Factors associated with non-compliance during 16-hour long call shifts. J Gen Intern Med. 2012. doi:10.1007/s11606-012-2047-z.
- Lypson ML, Frohna JG, Gruppen LD, Woolliscroft JO. Assessing residents’ competencies at baseline: identifying the gaps. Acad Med. 2004;79(6):564–70. CrossRef
- Teo AR, Harleman E, O’sullivan PS, Maa J. The key role of a transition course in preparing medical students for internship. Acad Med. 2011;86(7):860–5. CrossRef
- Lyss-Lerman P, Teherani A, Aagaard E, Loeser H, Cooke M. Harper GM. What training is needed in the fourth year of medical school? Views of residency program directors. Acad Med. 2009;84(7):823–829. CrossRef
- Green ML, Aagaard EM, Caverzagie KJ, et al. Charting the road to competence: developmental milestones for internal medicine residency training. J Grad Med Educ. 2009;1:5–20. CrossRef
- McGaghie WC, Issenberg B, Cohen ER, Wayne DB. Does simulation-based medical education with deliberate practice yield better results than traditional clinical education? A meta-analytic comparative review of the evidence. Acad Med. 2011;86:706–711. CrossRef
- Kogan JR, Pinto-Powell R, Brown LA, Hemmer P, Bellini LM, Peltier D. The impact of resident duty hours reform on the internal medicine core clerkship: results from the clerkship directors in internal medicine survey. Acad Med. 2006;81(12):1038–44. CrossRef
- Nixon LJ, Aiyer M, Durning S, et al. Educating clerkship students in the era of resident duty hour restrictions. Am J Med. 2011;124:671–676. CrossRef
- Counting Quality, Not Hours: Understanding the Impact of Duty Hour Reform on Internal Medicine Residency Education
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 27, Issue 11 , pp 1400-1401
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors