Presenteeism: Are We Hurting the Patients We are Trying to Help?
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
- Smith, Cedric M. Origin and uses of Primum Non Nocere-Above All, Do No Harm. J Clin Pharmacol. 2005;45:371–7. CrossRef
- Hemp P. Presenteeism: at work--but out of it. Harv Bus Rev. 2004;82(10):49–58. 155.
- Widera E, Chang A, Chen H. Presenteeism: A Public Health Hazard. Journal of General Internal Medicine 2010; xxxxxx
- Beauchamp T, Childress J. Principles of Biomedical Ethics. 6th ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2009.
- Pittet D, Mourouga P, Perneger TV. Compliance with handwashing in a teaching hospital. Ann Intern Med. 1999;130:126–30.
- Goldman D. System failure versus personal accountability-The case for good handwashing. New England Journal of Medicine 2006: volume 335 (2), 121-123
- Day, M. Doctors are told to ditch “disease spreading” neckties. British Medical Journal 2006: 332:442
- Fenelon L, Holcroft L, Waters N. Contamination of stethoscopes with MRSA and current disinfection practices. J. Hosp. Infection. 2009;71(4):378–8. CrossRef
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. www.cms.gov
- Presenteeism: Are We Hurting the Patients We are Trying to Help?
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 25, Issue 11 , pp 1142-1143
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Avenue SL 16, New Orleans, LA, 70112, USA
- 2. Section of General Internal Medicine, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System, New Orleans, LA, USA