Date: 08 Nov 2008
Physicians’ Attitudes Towards Copy and Pasting in Electronic Note Writing
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Portions of the study data were presented at the Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting in San Francisco, CA, in November, 2007 and the Pediatric Academic Society Annual Conference in Honolulu, HI, in May, 2008.
Walton RT, Harvey E, Dovey S, Freemantle N. Computerised advice on drug dosage to improve prescribing practice. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2001;CD002894.
Kohn LCJ, Donaldson MS, eds. To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Committee on Quality in America. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine, National Academy Pr: 1999.
Hammond KW, Helbig ST, Benson CC, Brathwaite-Sketoe BM. Are electronic medical records trustworthy? Observations on copying, pasting and duplication. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003;269–73.
Thielke S, Hammond K, Helbig S. Copying and pasting of examinations within the electronic medical record. Int J Med Inform. 2007;76(Suppl 1):122–8.CrossRef
Weir CR, Hurdle JF, Felgar MA, Hoffman JM, Roth B, Nebeker JR. Direct text entry in electronic progress notes. An evaluation of input errors. Methods Inf Med. 2003;42:61–7.PubMed
Kozak LJ, DeFrances CJ, Hall MJ. National Hospital Discharge Survey: 2004 annual summary with detailed diagnosis and procedure data: National Center for Health Statistics: 2006.
Levit K, Ryan K, Elixhauser A, Stranges E, Kassed C, Coffey R. HCUP Facts and Figures: Statistics on Hospital-Based Care in the United States, 2005. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2007.
Merill CT, Elixhauser A. Hospitalization in the United States, 2002. Rockville, MD: Agency for Heathcare Research and Quality; 2005.
Connolly C. Cedars-Sinai doctors cling to pen and paper. Washington Post. March 21, 2005: A01.
Reeves S, Zwarenstein M, Goldman J, et al. Interprofessional education: effects on professional practice and health care outcomes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008:CD002213.
- Physicians’ Attitudes Towards Copy and Pasting in Electronic Note Writing
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 24, Issue 1 , pp 63-68
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- medical records system, computerized
- documentation/mt [methods]
- attitude of health personnel
- medical staff, hospital
- user-computer interface
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Public Health, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
- 2. Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
- 6. Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, 1621 Eastchester Road Suite 102, Bronx, NY, 10461, USA
- 3. Department of Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
- 4. FOJP Service Corporation, New York, NY, USA
- 5. Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA