Summary of at the 45th Annual Pancreas Club Meeting Proceedings
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The 45th meeting of the Pancreas Club was held on 5 and 6 May 2011 at the Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center in Chicago, IL. An outstanding program of 47 oral presentations (Table 1) and 137 poster presentations was chosen from a record number of submitted abstracts. Ten posters each day were chosen for presentation as part of the Professor Rounds portion of the formal poster viewing program. Summaries of the oral presentations are provided; published work is referenced. Full abstracts are available on the Pancreas Club website: http://pancreasclub.com.
- Petrov M, Windsor JA. Classification of the severity of acute pancreatitis: How many categories make sense? Am J of Gastroenterol 2010;105(1):74-77. CrossRef
- Petrov MS, Shanbhag S, Chakraborty M, Phillips AR, Windsor JA. Organ failure and infection of pancreatic necrosis as determinants of mortality in patients with acute pancreatitis. Gastroenterology 2010;139:813-820. CrossRef
- Jiao Y, Shi C, Edil BH, de Wilde RF, Klimstra DS, Maitra A, Schulick RD, Tang LH, Wolfgang CL, Choti, MA, Velculescu VE, Diaz Jr LA, Vogelstein B, Kinzler KW, Hruban RH, Papadopoulos N. DAXX/ATRX, MEN1, and mTOR pathway genes are frequently altered in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Science 2011;331(6021):1199-1203.
- Baker MS, Bentrem DJ, Ujiki MB, Stocker S, Talamonti MS. Adding days spent in readmission to the initial post operative length of stay limits the perceived benefit of laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy when compared to open distal pancreatectomy. Am J Surg 2011;201(3):295-299. CrossRef
- Richards NG, Rittenhouse DW, Freydin B, Cozzitorto JA, Grenda D, Rui H, Gonye G, Kennedy EP, Yeo CJ, Brody JR, Witkiewicz AK. HuR status is a powerful marker for prognosis and response to gemictabine-based chemotherapy for resected pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma patients. Ann Surg 2010 Sep; 252(3):499–505; discussion 505–506.
- Costantino CL, Witkiewicz AK, Kuwano Y, Cozzitorto JA, Kennedy EP, Dasgupta A, Keen JC, Yeo CJ, Gorospe M, Brody JR. The role of HuR in gemcitabine efficacy in pancreatic cancer: HuR Up-regulates the expression of the gemcitabine metabolizing enzyme deoxycytidine kinase. Cancer Res 2009 June 1;69(11):4567-4572. CrossRef
- Beane JD, Pitt HA, Nakeeb A, Schmidt CM, House MG, Zyromski NJ, Howard TJ, Lillemoe KD. Splenic preserving distal pancreatectomy: does vessel preservation matter? J Am Col Surg 2011 April;212(4):651-657; discussion 657-658. CrossRef
- Mino-Kenudson M, Fernandez-Del Castillo C, Baba Y, Valsangkar NP, Liss AS, Hsu M, Correa-Gallego C, Ingkakul T, Perez Johnston R, Turner BG, Androutsopoulos V, Deshapande V, McGrath D, Sahani DV, Brugge WR, Ogino S, Pitman MB, Warshaw AL, Thayer SP (2011) Prognosis of invasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm depends on histological and precursor epithelial subtypes. Gut, 60(12):1712–20 CrossRef
- Summary of at the 45th Annual Pancreas Club Meeting Proceedings
Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery
Volume 16, Issue 5 , pp 935-945
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Pancreas Club
- Industry Sectors