Date: 16 Nov 2011
Review of “Crime and Culpability: A Theory of Criminal Law”
- David Dolinko
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This is a review of the challenging book in which Larry Alexander and Kimberly Ferzan propose sweeping revisions to the structure of substantive criminal law.
- Ackrill, J. L. (1981). Aristotle the philosopher. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Alexander, L., Ferzan, K., & Morse, S. (2009). Crime and culpability. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Ashworth, A. (1988). Criminal attempt and the role of resulting harm under the code, and in the common law. Rutgers Law Journal, 19, 725–772.
- Becker, L. (1974). Criminal attempts and the theory of the law of crimes. Philosophy & Public Affairs, 3(3), 262–294.
- Feinberg, J. (1995). Equal punishment for failed attempts: Some bad but instructive arguments against it. Arizona Law Review, 37, 117–134.
- Fletcher, G. (2000). Rethinking criminal law. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Forsyth, F. (1971). The day of the Jackal. London: Hutchinson.
- Hall, J. (1963). Negligent behavior should be excluded from penal liability. Columbia Law Review, 63(4), 632–644. CrossRef
- Hart, H. L. A. (1968). Punishment and responsibility. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Honoré, T. (1999). Responsibility and fault. Oregon: Hart Publishing.
- Kadish, S. H. (1994). The criminal law and the luck of the draw. Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, 84, 679–702.
- Moore, M. (1997). Placing blame. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Schulhofer, S. J. (1974). Harm and punishment: A critique of emphasis on the results of conduct in the criminal law. University of Pennsylvania Law Review, 122(6), 1497–1607. CrossRef
- Smith, J. C. (1971). The element of chance in criminal liability. Criminal Law Review, 1971, 63–75.
- Williams, G. (1961). Criminal law: The general part (2nd ed.). London: Stevens & Sons.
- Williams, G. (1983). Textbook of criminal law (2nd ed.). London: Stevens & Sons.
- Zimmerman, M. J. (2002). Taking luck seriously. Journal of Philosophy, 99(11), 553–576. CrossRef
- Review of “Crime and Culpability: A Theory of Criminal Law”
Criminal Law and Philosophy
Volume 6, Issue 1 , pp 93-102
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Criminal law
- Industry Sectors
- David Dolinko (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, USA