The Impact of Library Media Specialists on Students and How It Is Valued by Administrators and Teachers: Findings from the Latest Studies in Colorado and Idaho
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
School library media specialists wear many hats within their school libraries, classrooms, and districts. Whether these roles are formally acknowledged or not, library media specialists (LMSs) are functioning as co-teachers, curriculum designers, website managers, technology troubleshooters, administrators, and in-service staff development providers. In an era of decreased funding and increased budget-trimming, however, positions for qualified LMS librarians are especially vulnerable. This article presents the result of a multistate survey of administrators and teachers perceptions with regards to their impact on the school’s learning process.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Lance, K. C., Welborn, Lynda, & Hamilton-Pennell, C. (1993). The Impact of School Library Media Centers on Academic Achievement. Salt Lake City: Hi Willow Research & Publishing.
- Lance, K.C., Hamilton-Pennell, C., & Rodney, M. (2000). How School Librarians Help Kids Achieve Standards: the Second Colorado Study. Salt Lake City: Hi Willow Research & Publishing.
- Lance, K. C., Rodney, M. J. & Schwarz, B. (2011, March 16). Idaho School Library Impact Study - 2009: How Idaho Librarians, Teachers, and Administrators Collaborate for Student Success. Retrieved from http://libraries.idaho.gov/doc/idaho-school-library-impactstudy-2009
- Francis, B.H., Lance, K.C. & Lietzau, Z. (2011, March 16). School Librarians Continue to Help Kids Achieve Standards: the Third Colorado Study. Retrieved from http://www.lrs.org/documents/closer_look/CO3_2010_Closer_Look_Report.pdf
About this Article
- The Impact of Library Media Specialists on Students and How It Is Valued by Administrators and Teachers: Findings from the Latest Studies in Colorado and Idaho
Volume 55, Issue 4 , pp 63-70
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Library Media Administrators Teachers Value