Study on electromechanical coupling nonlinear vibration of flywheel energy storage system
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The electromechanical coupling dynamics of the flywheel energy storage system (FESS) with a hybrid permanent magnetic-dynamic spiral groove bearing has been studied. The functions of the kinetic energy, the potential energys, the magnetic field energy in air gap of the flywheel motor and the energy dissipation of the whole system were obtained, and the differential equations set with electromagnetic parameters of FESS was established by applying the extended Lagrange-Maxwell equation. The four-order implicit Runge-Kutta formula to the equations was derived, and the nonlinear algebraic equations were solved by using the Gauss-Newton method. The analytical solution of an example shows that the upper damping coefficient, the lower damping coefficient and the residual magnetic induction of the rare earth permanent magnet play an important role in electromechanical resonance of the flywheel rotor system. There is a small change for the electromechanical coupling resonance frequency with the upper damping coefficient increasing, but the resonance amplitude decreases with the upper damping coefficient increasing. With the lower damping coefficient increasing, the resonance frequency increases, and the resonance amplitude decreases. With the residual magnetic induction of the permanent magnet increasing, the resonance frequency decreases, and the resonance amplitude increases.
- Mulcahy, T. M., Hull, J. R., Uherke, K. L. et al., Flywheel energy storage advanced using HTS bearings, IEEE Transactions on Applied superconductivity, 1999, 9(2): 297–300. CrossRef
- Bornemann, H. J., Sander, M., Conceptual system design of a 5MW/10MW superconducting flywheel energy storage planet for power utility applications, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, 1997, 7(2): 378–401.
- Miyagawa, Y., Kameo, H., A 0.5 KWh FESS using a high is Tc superconducting magnetic bearing, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, 1999, 9(2): 996–999. CrossRef
- Coombs, T. A., Campbell, A. M., Superconducting bearings in flywheels, Materials Science & Engineering, 1998, B53: 225–258.
- Sung, T. H., Han, S. C., Han, Y. H. et al., Designs and analyses of FESS using high Tc superconductor-bearings, Elsevier Science Cryogenics, 2002, (42): 357-362.
- Chen, W. J., Instability threshold and stability boundaries of rotor-bearing systems, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbine and Power, 1996, 118(1): 115–121.
- Jiang Shuyun, Wei Haigang, Shen Zupei, Rotor dynamics of flywheel energy storage system, Journal of vibration engineering, 2002, 15(4): 404–409.
- Dai, X. J., Shen, Z. P., Wei, H. G., On the vibration of rotor is bearing system with squeeze film damper in an energy storage flywheel, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 2001, (43): 2525-2540.
- Qiu, J. J., Electromechanical Analysis Dynamics (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1992, 308–320.
- Qiu, J. J., Nonlinear Vibration of Electromechanical Coupling Dynamic System (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1996, 133–197.
- Sun, Z. Z., Yuan, W. P., Wen, Z. C., Numerical Analysis (in Chinese), Nanjing: Southeast University Publishing House, 2002, 246–275.
- Li, Z. M., Liu, W. G., Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Electrial Machines (in Chinese), Beijing: National Defense Industry Press, 1999, 105–176.
- Study on electromechanical coupling nonlinear vibration of flywheel energy storage system
Science in China Series E
Volume 49, Issue 1 , pp 61-77
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Science in China Press
- Additional Links
- flywheel energy storage system
- hybrid permanent magnetic-dynamic spiral groove bearing
- electromechanical coupling dynamics
- Lagrange-Maxwell equation
- Industry Sectors