Event-triggered average-consensus of multi-agent systems with weighted and direct topology
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper investigates the average-consensus problem of multi-agent systems with direct and weighted topologies. Event-triggered control laws are adopted so as to reduce the frequency of individual control updating since the agents may be resource-limited in many real systems. The discrete time instants where the events are triggered are determined by a trigger function with respect to a certain measurement error. A centralized average-consensus protocol is proposed first for networks with fixed interaction topology, the stability and influencing factors of which are also analyzed. The design of trigger functions for networks with variable topology is also discussed. Then the results are extended to the decentralized counterpart, in which agents require only the information of their neighbors. Numerical examples are also provided that demonstrate the effectiveness of the theoretical results.
- A. Jadbabie, J. Lin, and A. S. Morse, Coordination of groups of mobile autonomous agents using nearest neighbor rules, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2003, 48(6): 988–1001. CrossRef
- R. Olfati-Saber and R. M. Murray, Consensus problems in networks of agents with switching topology and time-delays, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2004, 49(9): 1520–1533. CrossRef
- L. Moreau, Stability of multiagent systems with time-dependent communication links, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2005, 50(2): 169–182. CrossRef
- Y. Hong, J. Hu, and L. Gao, Tracking control for multi-agent consensus with an active leader and variable topology, Automatica, 2006, 42(7): 1177–1182. CrossRef
- M. Porfiria, D. G. Robersonb, and D. J. Stilwell, Tracking and formation control of multiple autonomous agents: A two-level consensus approach, Automatica, 2007, 43(8): 1318–1328. CrossRef
- R. Olfati-Saber, J. A. Fax, and R. M. Murray, Consensus and cooperation in networked multi-agent systems, Proceedings of the IEEE, 2007, 95(1): 215–233. CrossRef
- F. Xiao and L. Wang, Asynchronous consensus in continuous-time multi-agent systems with switching topology and time-varying delays, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2008, 53(8): 1804–1816. CrossRef
- A. Olshevsky and J. N. Tsitsiklis, On the nonexistence of quadratic lyapunov function for consensus algorithms, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2008, 53(11): 2642–2645. CrossRef
- L. Wang, Z. Chen, Z. Liu, and Z. Yuan, Finite time agreement protocol design on multi-agent system with communication delays, Asian Journal of Control, 2009, 11(3): 281–286. CrossRef
- F. Chen, Z. Chen, L. Xiang, Z. Liu, and Z. Yuan, Reaching a consensus via pinning control, Automatica, 2009, 45(5): 1215–1220. CrossRef
- W. Guo, S. Chen, J. Lü, and X. Yu,: Consensus of multi-agent systems with an active leader and asymmetric adjacency matrix, the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and the 28th Chinese Control Conference, Shanghai, P. R. China, December, 2009.
- Y. Chen, J. Lü, and Z. Lin, Consensus of discrete-time multi-agent systems with nonlinear local rules and time-varying delays, in Joint the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and the 28th Chinese Control Conference, Shanghai, P. R. China, December, 2009.
- W. Ren, Consensus tracking under directed interaction topologies: Algorithms and experiments, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2010, 18(1): 230–237. CrossRef
- C. Ma, T. Li, and J. Zhang, Consensus control for leader-following multi-agent systems with measurement noises, Journal of Systems Science & Complexity, 2010, 23(1): 35–49. CrossRef
- X. Wang and Y. Hong, Distributed finite-time χ-consensus algorithms for multi-agent systems with variable coupling topology, Journal of Systems Science & Complexity, 2010, 23(2): 209–218. CrossRef
- P. Tabuada, Event-triggered real-time scheduling of stabilizing control tasks, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2007, 52(9): 1680–1685. CrossRef
- W. P. M. H. Heemels, J. H. Sandee, and P. P. J. Van Den Bosch, Analysis of event-driven controllers for linear systems, International Journal of Control, 2008, 81(4): 571–590. CrossRef
- X. Wang and M. D. Lemmon, Event-triggered broadcasting across distributed networked control systems, in the 2008 American Control Conference, Washington, USA, June, 2008.
- M. M. Jr. and P. Tabuada, On event-triggered and self-triggered control over sensor/actuator networks, in the 47th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Cancun, Mexico, December, 2008.
- D. V. Dimarogonas and K. H. Johansson, Event-triggered control for multi-agent systems, in Joint the 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and the 28th Chinese Control Conference, Shanghai, P.R. China, December, 2009.
- D. V. Dimarogonas and K. H. Johansson, Event-triggered cooperative control, in the 2009 European Control Conference, Budapest, Hungary, August, 2009.
- X. Wang and M. D. Lemmon, Self-triggered feedback control systems with finite-gain l2 stability, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2009, 54(3): 452–467. CrossRef
- J. Lunze and D. Lehmann, A state-feedback approach to event-based control, Automatica, January 2010, 46(1): 211–215.
- E. D. Sontag and Y. Wang, On characteizations of the input-to-state stability property, Systems and Control Letters, 1995, 24: 351–359. CrossRef
- E. Sontag, On the input-to-state stability property, European Journal of Control, 1995, 1: 24–36.
- K. H. Johansson, M. Egerstedt, J. Lygeros, and S. S. Sastry, On the regularization of zeno hybrid automata, Systems and Control Letters, 1999, 38: 141–150. CrossRef
- C. Godsil and G. Royle, Algebraic Graph Theory, volume 207 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2001.
- J. Lygeros, K. H. Johansson, S. Simic, J. Zhang, and S. Sastry, Dynamical properties of hybrid automata, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2003, 48(1): 2–17. CrossRef
- Event-triggered average-consensus of multi-agent systems with weighted and direct topology
Journal of Systems Science and Complexity
Volume 25, Issue 5 , pp 845-855
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Additional Links
- event-triggered control
- multi-agent system