Functional Contextualism: An Ideal Framework for Theory in Instructional Design and Technology
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Charles M. Reigeluth [email@example.com] is a professor in the Department of Instructional Systems Technology in the School of Education at Indiana University.
Yun-Jo An is a research assistant iin the Department of Instructional Systems Technology in the School of Education at Indiana University.
- Armstrong, R. B., Reigeluth, C. M. (1991) The TIP theory: Prescriptions for designing instruction for teams. Performance Improvement Quarterly 4: pp. 13-40
- Barab, S. A., Squire, K. D. (2004) Design-based research: Putting our stake in the ground. Journal of the Learning Sciences 13: pp. 1-14 CrossRef
- Collins, A. Toward a design science of education. In: Scanlon, E., O'hea, T. eds. (1992) New directions in educational technology. Springer Verlag, Berlin, pp. 15-22
- Cronbach, L. J., & Suppes, P. (Eds.). (1969). Research for tomorrow's schools: Disciplinedinquiry for education. New York: Macmillan. Design-Based Research Collective, The. (2003). Design-based research: An emerging paradigm for educational inquiry. Educational Researcher, 32(1), 5–8.
- Greeno, J. G., Collins, A. M., & Resnick, L. B. (1996). Cognition and learning. In D. C. Berliner & R. C. Calfee, (Eds.), Handbook of educational psychology. London: Macmillan Pub. USA Simon & Schuster Macmillan; Prentice Hall International.
- Pepper, S. C. (1942) World hypotheses: A study in evidence. University of California Press, Berkeley, CA
- Reigeluth, C. M. (1983). Instructional design: What is it and why is it? In C. M. Reigeluth (Ed.), Instructional-design theories and models: An overview of their current status. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Reigeluth, C. M. (1999). What is instructional-design theory and how is it changing? In C. M. Reigeluth (Ed.), Instructional-design theories and models: A new paradigm of instructional theory (Vol. II, pp. 5–29). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Reigeluth, C. M., & Frick, T. W. (1999). Formative research: A methodology for improving design theories. In C. M. Reigeluth (Ed.), Instructional-Design Theories and Models: A New Paradigm of Instructional Theories (Vol. II). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Reigeluth, C. M., Schwartz, E. (1989) An instructional theory for the design of com-puter-based simulations. Journal of Computer-Based Instruction 16: pp. 1-10
- Simon, H. A. (1996) The sciences of the artificial. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA
- Wheatley, M. J. (1999) Leadership and the new science: Discovering order in a chaotic world. Berrett-Koehler Publishers, San Francisco
- Functional Contextualism: An Ideal Framework for Theory in Instructional Design and Technology
Educational Technology Research and Development
Volume 54, Issue 1 , pp 49-53
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- functional contextualism
- behavior analysis
- Industry Sectors