Gathering in threads in the insensible global world: the wicked problem of globalisation and science education
- Lyn Carter
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Supplementary Material (0)
- Aikenhead, G., & Ogawa, M. (2007). Indigenous knowledge and science revisited. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 2, 539–591. CrossRef
- Atweh, B., Borba, M., Calabrese Barton, A., Clark, D., Gough, N., Keitel, C., et al. (Eds.). (2007). Internationalisation and globalisation in mathematics and science education. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer.
- Australian Public Service. (2007). Tackling wicked problems: A public policy perspective
- Bencze, J. L. (2008). Private profit, science and science education: Critical problems and possibilities for action. Canadian Journal of Science, Mathematics & Technology Education, 8, 297–312. CrossRef
- Bencze, J. L. (2010). Exposing and deposing hyper-economized school science. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 5, 293–303. CrossRef
- Benjamin, J. (1996). Like subjects, love objects: Essays on recognition and sexual difference. New Haven, NJ: Yale University Press.
- Bruna, K. R., & Vann, R. (2007). On pigs and packers: Radically contextualizing a practice of science with Mexican immigrant students. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 2, 19–59. CrossRef
- Carr, P. R., & Thésée, G. (2008). The quest for political (il)literacy. In B. Porfilio & C. Malott (Eds.), The destructive path of neoliberalism (pp. 233–256). Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense Publishers.
- Carter, L. (2005). Globalisation and science education: Rethinking science education reforms. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 42, 561–580. CrossRef
- Carter, L. (2008). Globalisation and science education: The implications for science in the new economy. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 45, 617–633. CrossRef
- Chinn, P. (2006). Preparing science teachers for culturally diverse students: Developing cultural literacy through cultural immersion, cultural translators and communities of practice. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 1, 367–402. CrossRef
- Delanty, G. (2000). Citizenship in a global age: Society, culture, politics. Buckingham: UK: Open University Press.
- Deleuze, G., & Guattari, F. (1987). A thousand plateaus: Capitalism and schizophrenia (B. Massumi, Trans.). Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Hall, T. (2009). Footwork: Moving and knowing in local space(s). Qualitative Research, 9, 571–585. CrossRef
- Harvey, D. (2010). The enigma of capital and the crises of capitalism. Talk given at the University of California at Berkeley, October 8, 2010.
- Hwang, S. W., & Roth, W.-M. (2008). Learning science in an era of globalization: A phenomenology of the foreign/strange. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 3(4), 937–958. CrossRef
- Jameson, F. (1998). Notes on globalization as a philosophical issue. In F. Jameson & M. Miyoshi (Eds.), The cultures of globalization (pp. 33–54). Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- Lee, Y.-J., & Roth, W.-M. (2008). Science education in an era of globalization: An introduction. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 3, 313–315.
- Lemke, J. (2001). Articulating communities: ociocultural perspectives on science education. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 38, 296–316. CrossRef
- Mandalay. (1998). Insensible [Song]. Empathy. Virgin Records.
- Martin, S. (2010). “Act locally, pubish globally”: International/multidisciplinary research efforts needed to understand the impact of globalization on science education. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 5, 263–273. CrossRef
- Maulucci, M. S. R. (2008). Intersections between immigration, language, identity, and emotions: A science teacher candidate’s journey. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 3, 17–42. CrossRef
- Rittel, H., & Webber, M. (1973). Dilemmas in a general theory of planning. Policy Sciences, 4, 155–169. CrossRef
- Ryan, A. (2008). Indigenous knowledge in the science curriculum: Avoiding neo-colonialism. Cultural Studies of Science Education, 3, 663–702. CrossRef
- The Wire. (2006). Television series. USA: HBO.
- Zajda, J. (2006). The international handbook globalisation and education policy research. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer.
About this Article
- Gathering in threads in the insensible global world: the wicked problem of globalisation and science education
Cultural Studies of Science Education
Volume 6, Issue 1 , pp 1-12
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Lyn Carter (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Education, Australian Catholic University, Melbourne Campus, Melbourne, VIC, Australia