Mean curvature flow with convex Gauss image
- Yuanlong Xin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, the mean curvature flow of complete submanifolds in Euclidean space with convex Gauss image and bounded curvature is studied. The confinable property of the Gauss image under the mean curvature flow is proved, which in turn helps one to obtain the curvature estimates. Then the author proves a long time existence result. The asymptotic behavior of these solutions when t → ∞ is also studied.
- Chen, J. and Li, J., Mean curvature flow of surfaces in 4-manifolds, Adv. Math., 163, 2002, 287–309. CrossRef
- Chen, J. and Li, J., Singularity of mean curvature flow of Lagrangian submanifolds, Invent. Math., 156(1), 2004, 25–51. CrossRef
- Chen, J. and Tian, G., Two-dimensional graphs moving by mean curvature flow, Acta Math. Sinica, Engl. Ser., 16, 2000, 541–548. CrossRef
- Chen, Q. and Xu, S. L., Rigidity of compact minimal submanifolds in a unit sphere, Geom. Dedicata, 45(1), 1993, 83–88. CrossRef
- Fischer-Colbrie, D., Some rigidity theorems for minimal submanifolds of the sphere, Acta Math., 145, 1980, 29–46. CrossRef
- Ecker, K. and Huisken, G., Mean curvature evolution of entire graphs, Ann. of Math. (2), 130(3), 1989, 453–471. CrossRef
- Ecker, K. and Huisken, G., Interior estimates for hypersurfaces moving by mean curvature, Invent. Math., 105(3), 1991, 547–569. CrossRef
- Hildebrandt, S., Jost, J. and Widman, K. O., Harmonic mappings and minimal submanifolds, Invent. Math., 62, 1980, 269–298. CrossRef
- Huisken, G., Flow by mean curvature of convex surfaces into spheres, J. Diff. Geom., 20(1), 1984, 237–266.
- Huisken, G., Asymptotic behavior for singularities of the mean curvature flow, J. Diff. Geom., 31(1), 1990, 285–299.
- Jost, J. and Xin, Y. L., Bernstein type theorems for higher codimension, Calculus Var. PDE, 9, 1999, 277–296. CrossRef
- Li, A. M. and Li, J. M., An intrinsic rigidity theorem for minimal submanifolds in a sphere, Arch. Math., 58, 1992, 582–594. CrossRef
- Moser, J., On Harnack’s theorem for elliptic differential equations, Commun. Pure Appl. Math., 14, 1961, 577–591 CrossRef
- Simons, J., Minimal varieties in Riemannian manifolds, Ann. of Math., 88, 1968, 62–105. CrossRef
- Smoczyk, K., Harnack inequality for the Lagrangian mean curvature flow, Calculus Var. PDE, 8, 1999, 247–258. CrossRef
- Smoczyk, K., Angle theorems for Lagrangian mean curvature flow, Math. Z., 240, 2002, 849–863. CrossRef
- Smoczyk, K. and Wang, M.-T., Mean curvature flows for Lagrangian submanifolds with convex potentials, J. Diff. Geom., 62, 2002, 243–257.
- Wang, M.-T., Long-time existence and convergence of graphic mean curvature flow in arbitrary codimension, Invent. Math., 148(3), 2002, 525–543. CrossRef
- Wang, M.-T., Gauss maps of the mean curvature flow, Math. Research Lett., 10, 2003, 287–299.
- Wong, Y.-C., Differential geometry of Grassmann manifolds, Proc. N. A. S., 57, 1967, 589–594. CrossRef
- Xin, Y. L., Geometry of Harmonic Maps, Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications, 23, Birkhäuser, Boston, 1996.
- Xin, Y. L., Minimal Submanifolds and Related Topics, World Scientific Publication, Singapore, 2003.
- Mean curvature flow with convex Gauss image
Chinese Annals of Mathematics, Series B
Volume 29, Issue 2 , pp 121-134
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Mean curvature flow
- Convex Gauss image
- Curvature estimates
- Long time existence
- Yuanlong Xin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Key Laboratory of Mathematics for Nonlinear Sciences, School of Mathematical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200433, China