Bifurcation of Homoclinic Orbits with Saddle-Center Equilibrium*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, the authors develop new global perturbation techniques for detecting the persistence of transversal homoclinic orbits in a more general nondegenerated system with action-angle variable. The unperturbed system is assumed to have saddlecenter type equilibrium whose stable and unstable manifolds intersect in one dimensional manifold, and does not have to be completely integrable or near-integrable. By constructing local coordinate systems near the unperturbed homoclinic orbit, the conditions of existence of transversal homoclinic orbit are obtained, and the existence of periodic orbits bifurcated from homoclinic orbit is also considered.
- Wiggins, S., Global Bifurcation and chaos, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1988.
- Wiggins, S. and Holmes, P., Homoclinic orbits in slowly varying oscillators, SIAM J. Math. Anal., 18, 1987, 612–629. CrossRef
- Yagasaki, K., The method of Melnikov for perturbations of multi-degree-of-freedom Hamiltonian systems, Nonlinearity, 12, 1999, 799–822. CrossRef
- Huang, D., Liu, Z. and Cheng, Z., Global dynamics near the resonance in the Sine-Gordon equation, J. Shanghai Univ., 2, 1998, 259–261.
- Feckan, M., Bifurcation of multi-bump homoclinics in systems with normal and slow variables, J. Differential Equations, 41, 2000, 1–17.
- Kovacic, G., Singular perturbation theory for homoclinic orbits in a class of near-integrable dissipative system, SIAM J. Math. Anal., 26, 1995, 1611–1643. CrossRef
- Zhu, D. M., Problems in homoclinic bifurcations with higher dimensions, Acta Math. Sinica, New Ser., 14, 1998, 341–352.
- Zhu, D. M. and Xia, Z. H., Bifurcations of heteroclinic loops, Sci. China Ser. A, 41, 1998, 837–848. CrossRef
- Zhu, D. M. and Han, M. A., Bifurcation of homoclinic orbits in fast variable space (in chinese), Chin. Ann. Math, 23A(4), 2002, 438–449.
- Deng, B., Homoclinic bifurcations with nonhyperbolic equilibria, SIAM J. Math. Anal., 3, 1990, 693–720. CrossRef
- Bifurcation of Homoclinic Orbits with Saddle-Center Equilibrium*
Chinese Annals of Mathematics, Series B
Volume 28, Issue 1 , pp 81-92
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Local coordinate system
- Homoclinic orbit