A Simple Closed-Loop Active Control of Electrodynamic Shakers by Acceleration Power Spectral Density for Environmental Vibration Tests
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This work presents the main results of a simple closed-loop active control for an electrodynamic shaker in order to generate acceleration Power Spectral Densities (PSD) according to prescribed Standards used in environmental vibration tests. The main idea is to start generating acceleration pseudo-signals obeying the prescribed Power Spectral Density and then to acquire acceleration data from the electrodynamic shaker’s table behaviour. So the Power Spectral Density of the acquired acceleration is computed and compared with the required PSD and then the time-varying pseudo-acceleration is updated to reflect this corrected PSD. It was noticed that for piecewise narrow bands frequencies, the electrodynamic shaker acceleration behaves near linearly, both in frequency and voltage, for the input signals. A code in AgilentVee 7.5 software to acquire, send and process signals for the active control in a closed-loop scheme was developed. The used A/D D/A hardware was a single PC sound card with specific characteristics. The control could be accomplished sending and acquiring at the same time with a range of input/output of ±1.5 V with 16 bits of resolution, at 48 kHz and assistance of an external sound amplifier.
- Fujita M, Uchiyama Y (2005) Robust Acceleration and Displacement Control of Electrodynamic Shaker. Internal Report, Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo.
- JESD22-B103B (2006) Vibration, Variable Frequency, (revision of jesd22-b103-a), JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, June.
- ISO 5344 (2004) Electrodynamic vibration generating systems—Performance characteristics. International Organization for Standardization, 1995.
- BS EN 60255-21-1, Electrical Relays Part 21 (1996) Vibration, Shock, Bump and Seismic Tests on Measuring Relays and Protection Equipment Section 1: Vibration Tests (Sinusoidal). British Standards Institution, September 15.
- TS-6330 (1989) Basic Environmental Testing Procedures for Electronic Components and Electronic Equipment: Mounting Methods for Shock (Ea), Bump (Eb), Vibration (Fc and Fd) and Steady-State Acceleration (Ga) and similar Dynamic Tests, Turkish Standards Institution.
- McConnell KG (1995) Vibration testing: Theory and Practice. Wiley, New York, p 605.
- Agilent Vee Pro 7.5 (2005a) Agilent VEE Pro User’s Guide, Agilent Technologies, Inc., 9th Edition, p 626, May.
- Agilent Vee Pro 7.5 (2005b) VEE Pro Advanced Programming Techniques, Agilent Technologies, Inc., 9th Edition, p 612, May.
- AG 801-01/ No. 8M A0 0 (2004) Electric and Electronic Assemblies in Motor Vehicles: General Test Conditions. Volkswagen Standard July, p 46.
- Cavalieri HM, Cavalca KL (2004) Desenvolvimento e Implementação de um Programa para Geração de Sinal de Alimentação de Excitador Eletromecânico (Shaker) em Plataforma Labview (In Portuguese). XXII Congresso Interno de Iniciação Científica da Unicamp, Brazil.
- Uchiyama Y, Mukai M, Fujitac M (2006) Robust control of electrodynamic shaker by 2DOF control using H∞ Filter. Internal Report, Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Meguro-ku, Tokyo.
- Salehzadeh-Nobari S, Chambers JA, Green TC, Goodfellow JK, Smith WED (1997) Implementation of Frequency Domain Adaptive Control in Vibration Test Products, In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Factory2000, No. 435, Imperial College, England, pp 263–268.
- Flora LD, Gründling HA (2006) Acceleration Control of an Inverter-Fed Electrodynamic Shaker. In Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, Jeju, Korea, pp 2799–2805.
- Moutinho C, Cunha A, Caetano E (2004) Controlo Activo de uma Plataforma Vibratória para Excitação Sísmica de Modelos Laboratoriais,(in Portuguese). In Proceedings of the SÍSMICA 2004—6° Congresso Nacional de Sismologia e Engenharia Sísmica, Portugal, pp 611–620.
- Newland DE (1984) In: Longman Scientific and Technical (ed) An introduction to random vibrations and spectral analysis. Wiley, New York, p 375.
- 7IIEC 60068-2-6 (1995) International Electro technical Commission, Environmental Testing-Part 2: Tests-Test FC: Vibration (Sinusoidal) Ed. 6.0b.
- Analog Devices (1998) ±5 g to ±50 g, Low Noise, Low Power, Single/Dual Axis iMEMSÒ Accelerometers, ADXL150/ADXL250, One Technology Way, P.O. Box 9106, U.S.A.
- A Simple Closed-Loop Active Control of Electrodynamic Shakers by Acceleration Power Spectral Density for Environmental Vibration Tests
Volume 48, Issue 5 , pp 683-692
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Active control
- Electrodynamic shaker
- Power spectral density
- Sound card
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. UFRGS, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Programa de Pós Graduação em Engenharia Mecânica, R. Sarmento Leite, 425, 90050-170, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
- 2. UERGS, Universidade Estadual do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Inconfidentes, 395, 93340-140, Novo Hamburgo, Brazil