A Transmission Rate Control Algorithm Based on Non-cooperative Differential Game Model in Deep Space Networks
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Designing a fair and efficient rate allocation scheme to maximize network performance is a challenging issue for deep space networks. Transmission rate not only affects link signal quality, but also affects network performance. In this study, a novel rate allocation framework based on differential game to settle rate allocation problems among different sources in deep space networks is proposed, and rate allocation criteria based on feedback Nash equilibrium solution is formulated. Theoretical analysis and numerical simulation demonstrate our proposed optimal rate allocation scheme can be used to maximize network performance.
- Zhou, X., Zhang, L., Cheng, Z., He, H., Wang, J., & Chen, Y. (2010). Hypernetwork model and architecture for deep space information networks. In Proceedings of IEEE ICFIT 2010, Changsha, China (pp. 8309–8317).
- Akyildiz, I. F., Akan, O. B., Chen, C., Fang, J., Su, W. (2003) InterPlaNetary Internet: State-of-the-art and research challenges. Computer Networks 43: pp. 75-112 CrossRef
- Durst, R. C., Miller, G. J., Travis, E. J. (1997) TCP extensions for space communications. Wireless Networks 3: pp. 389-403 CrossRef
- Sekhar, A., Manoj, B. S., & Murthy Siva Ram, C. (2004). MARVIN: Movement-aware routing over Interplanetary networks. In IEEE SECON 2004. 2004 First annual IEEE communications society conference on sensor and ad hoc communications and networks (pp. 245–254).
- Isaacs, R. (1965) Differential games. Wiley, New York
- Bellman, R. (1957) Dynamic programming. Princeton University Press, Princeton
- Nash, J.F. (1951) Non-cooperative games. Annals of mathematics 54: pp. 286-295 CrossRef
- Wang, X. B., Zhou, X. W., & Song, J. D. (2011). Transmission power control and routing strategy based on differential games in deep space exploration. Wireless Personal Communications. doi:10.1007/s11277-011-0417-1.
- Altman, E., Basar, T. (1998) Multiuser rate-based flow control. IEEE Transactions on communications 46: pp. 940-949 CrossRef
- Basar, T., Zhu, Q. (2011) Prices of anarchy, information, and cooperation in differential games. Dynamic Games and Applications 1: pp. 50-73 CrossRef
- Miao, X. N., Zhou, X. W., Wu, H. Y. (2010) A cooperative differential game model based on network throughput and energy efficiency in wireless networks. Optimization Letters 38: pp. 292-295
- Miao, X. N., Zhou, X. W., Wu, H. Y. (2010) A cooperative differential game model based on transmission rate in wireless networks. Operations Research Letters 38: pp. 292-295 CrossRef
- Zhang, L., Zhou, X. W., & Guo, J. W. (2012). Noncooperative dynamic routing with bandwidth constraint in intermittently connected deep space information networks under scheduled contacts. Wireless Personal Communications. doi:10.1007/s11277-012-0507-8.
- Fang, J., Akyildiz, I. F. (2007) RCP-Planet: A rate control protocol for InterPlaNetary Internet. International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking 25: pp. 167-194 CrossRef
- Fang, J., Akan, O. B. (2004) Performance of multimedia rate control protocols in InterPlaNetary Internet. IEEE Communications Letters 6: pp. 478-480
- Grieco, L.A., Mascolo, S. (2005) A congestion control algorithm for the deep space Internet. Space Communications 20: pp. 155-160
- Gardikis, G., Kourtis, A. (2007) A cross-layer rate control mechanism for link-adaptive satellite integrated services. Research Letters in Communications 2007: pp. 1-4 CrossRef
- Alagoz, F., Walters, D. (2001) Adaptive rate control and QoS provisioning in direct broadcast satellite networks. Wireless Networks 7: pp. 269-281 CrossRef
- Castro, M. A. V., Han, Z., Hjorungnes, A., & Marina, N. (2009). Rate allocation for satellite systems with correlated channels based on a Stackelberg game. In International conference on game theory for networks (pp. 638–645).
- Marchese, M., Mongelli, M. (2007) Adaptive rate allocation and resource planning for service level agreement maintenance in satellite communications. Computer Communications 2007: pp. 3179-3192 CrossRef
- Yeung, D. W. K. (2007) Dynamically consistent cooperative solution in a differential game of transboundary industrial pollution. Journal of optimization theory and applications 134: pp. 143-160 CrossRef
- Kuniyur, S., Srikant, R. (2003) End-to-end congestion control schemes: Utility functions, random losses and ECN marks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 10: pp. 689-702 CrossRef
- Yeung, D. W. K., Petrosyan, L. A. (2005) Cooperative stochastic differential games. Springer, New York
- A Transmission Rate Control Algorithm Based on Non-cooperative Differential Game Model in Deep Space Networks
Wireless Personal Communications
Volume 71, Issue 3 , pp 1915-1929
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Deep space networks
- Differential game
- Nash equilibrium
- Rate allocation
- Industry Sectors