Measurement and Analysis of Ultra-Wideband Time Reversal for Indoor Propagation Channels
- A. Khaleghi
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The experiments of time reversal (TR) technique with ultra-wideband (UWB) signals are conducted in indoor propagation channel by using time-domain technique. The UWB propagation channel response of a typical indoor environment is measured and time reversal technique is applied for signal transmission. The characteristics of the TR scheme for different propagation scenarios, line-of-sight (LOS) and non-LOS with different wideband receiving antennas are evaluated. The measurement results of signals focusing gain, temporal sidelobes and average signal energy for different propagation scenarios are presented. The spectral analysis of TR-UWB signals is conducted and an inherent bandwidth limit of the classical TR-UWB scheme is observed. To overcome the bandwidth restrictions, novel design architecture is proposed. The new design adjusts the TR signal by a way to support ultra-wide bandwidth and provides better matching to the UWB spectral mask with better temporal focusing features.
- Choi J.D., Stark W.E. (2002) Performance of ultra-wideband communications with suboptimal receiver in multipath channels. IEEE Journal of Selected Areas Communication 20(9): 1754–1766 CrossRef
- Qiu R.C., Liu H.P., Shen X. (2005) Ultra-wideband for multiple access. IEEE Communications Magazine 43(2): 80–87 CrossRef
- Zhao, S., Liu, H., Tian, Z. (2004). A decision feedback autocorrelation receiver for pulsed ultra- wideband systems. In Proceedings of the IEEE Rawcon ’04 (pp. 251–254).
- Fink, M. (1997). Time reversed acoustics. Physics Today, 34–40.
- Derode A. et al (2003) Taking advantages of multiple scattering to communicate with time-reversal antennas. Physical Review Letters 90(1): 014301 CrossRef
- Lerosey G. et al (2004) Time reversal of electromagnetic waves. Physical Review Letters 92(19): 193904 CrossRef
- Nguyen H.T., Kovacs I.Z., Eggers P. (2006) A time reversal transmission approach for multi-user UWB communications. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagations 54(11): 3216–3224 CrossRef
- Kyritsi P., Papanicolau G., Eggers P., Oprea A. (2004) MISO time reversal and delay-spread compression for FWA channels at 5 GHz. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters 3: 96–99 CrossRef
- Kyritsi, P., Papanicolau, G., Eggers, P., & Oprea, A. (2004). Time reversal techniques for wireless communications. In Proceedings of the 60th Vehicular Technology Conference.
- Nguyen H.T., Anderson J.B., Pedersen G.F. (2005) The potential of time reversal techniques in multiple element antenna systems. IEEE Communications Letters 9(1): 40–42 CrossRef
- Oestges, C., Hansen, J., Emami, M., Paulraj, A., & Papanicolaou, G. (October, 2004). Time reversal techniques for broadband wireless communications. In European Microwave Week.
- Oestges C., Kim A.D., Papanicolaou G., Paulraj A. (2005) Characterization of space-time focusing in time-reversed random fields. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation 53(1): 283–293 CrossRef
- Qiu R.C., Zhou C., Guo N., Zhang J.Q. (2006) Time reversal with MISO for ultrawideband communications: experimental results. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters 5(1): 269–273 CrossRef
- Nguyen H.T., Anderson J.B., Pedersen G.F., Kyritsi P., Eggers P.C.F. (2006) Time reversal in wireless communications: a measurement-based investigation. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 5(8): 2242–2252 CrossRef
- Measurement and Analysis of Ultra-Wideband Time Reversal for Indoor Propagation Channels
Wireless Personal Communications
Volume 54, Issue 2 , pp 307-320
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Modified time reversal
- Multipath propagation
- Spectral analysis
- Time reversal
- Ultra wideband
- Industry Sectors
- A. Khaleghi (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Rikshospitalet University, Oslo, Norway