PECAP: Priority-Based Delay Alleviation Algorithm for IEEE 802.15.4 Beacon-Enabled Networks
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A new priority-based algorithm for IEEE 802.15.4 beacon-enabled networks is proposed in order to alleviate an end-to-end delay while maintaining energy efficiency. In this paper, the active period is temporally increased to reduce the sleep delay that makes up a large portion of the end-to-end delay. Nodes having high-priority packets request the coordinator to execute an extended contention access period by sending a priority toning signal. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm alleviates the end-to-end delay of high priority packets.
- IEEE 802.15.4. (2003). Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs).
- Data sheet CC2420 2.4GHz RF Transceiver for IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee. available online at http://www.chipcon.com/files/CC2420_Data_Sheet_1_4.pdf.
- Culler D., Estrin D., Srivastava M. (2004). Overview of sensor networks. Computer 37(8): 41–49 CrossRef
- Ye W., Heidemannm J., Estrin D. (2004). Medium access control with coordinated adaptive sleeping for wireless sensor networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 12(3): 493–506 CrossRef
- Sheu, S. T., Shih, Y. Y., & Chen, L. W. (2005) An adaptive interleaving access scheme (IAS) for IEEE 802.15.4 WPANs. IEEE vehicular technology conference. (pp. 1523–1527), June 2005.
- Kim T.H., Choi S. (2006). Priority-based delay mitigation for event-monitoring IEEE 802.15.4 LR-WPANs. IEEE Communications Letters 10(3): 213–215 CrossRef
- Park T.R., Kim T.H., Choi J.Y., Choi S., Kwon W.H. (2005). Throughput and energy consumption analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 slotted CSMA/CA. Electronics Letters 41(18): 1017–1019 CrossRef
- PECAP: Priority-Based Delay Alleviation Algorithm for IEEE 802.15.4 Beacon-Enabled Networks
Wireless Personal Communications
Volume 43, Issue 4 , pp 1625-1631
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- IEEE 802.15.4
- Industry Sectors