PECAP: Priority-Based Delay Alleviation Algorithm for IEEE 802.15.4 Beacon-Enabled Networks
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A new priority-based algorithm for IEEE 802.15.4 beacon-enabled networks is proposed in order to alleviate an end-to-end delay while maintaining energy efficiency. In this paper, the active period is temporally increased to reduce the sleep delay that makes up a large portion of the end-to-end delay. Nodes having high-priority packets request the coordinator to execute an extended contention access period by sending a priority toning signal. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm alleviates the end-to-end delay of high priority packets.
- IEEE 802.15.4. (2003). Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs).
- Data sheet CC2420 2.4GHz RF Transceiver for IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee. available online at http://www.chipcon.com/files/CC2420_Data_Sheet_1_4.pdf.
- Culler, D., Estrin, D., Srivastava, M. (2004) Overview of sensor networks. Computer 37: pp. 41-49 CrossRef
- Ye, W., Heidemannm, J., Estrin, D. (2004) Medium access control with coordinated adaptive sleeping for wireless sensor networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 12: pp. 493-506 CrossRef
- Sheu, S. T., Shih, Y. Y., & Chen, L. W. (2005) An adaptive interleaving access scheme (IAS) for IEEE 802.15.4 WPANs. IEEE vehicular technology conference. (pp. 1523–1527), June 2005.
- Kim, T.H., Choi, S. (2006) Priority-based delay mitigation for event-monitoring IEEE 802.15.4 LR-WPANs. IEEE Communications Letters 10: pp. 213-215 CrossRef
- Park, T.R., Kim, T.H., Choi, J.Y., Choi, S., Kwon, W.H. (2005) Throughput and energy consumption analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 slotted CSMA/CA. Electronics Letters 41: pp. 1017-1019 CrossRef
- PECAP: Priority-Based Delay Alleviation Algorithm for IEEE 802.15.4 Beacon-Enabled Networks
Wireless Personal Communications
Volume 43, Issue 4 , pp 1625-1631
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- IEEE 802.15.4
- Industry Sectors