Generalization of one Poletskii lemma to classes of space mappings
- E. A. Sevost’yanov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The paper is devoted to investigations in the field of space mappings. We prove that open discrete mappings f ∈ W 1,n loc such that their outer dilatation K O (x, f) belongs to L n−1 loc and the measure of the set B f of branching points of f is equal to zero have finite length distortion. In other words, the images of almost all curves γ in the domain D under the considered mappings f : D → ℝ n , n ≥ 2, are locally rectifiable, f possesses the (N)-property with respect to length on γ, and, furthermore, the (N)-property also holds in the inverse direction for liftings of curves. The results obtained generalize the well-known Poletskii lemma proved for quasiregular mappings.
- E. A. Poletskii, “A method of moduli for nonhomeomorphic quasiconformal mappings,” Mat. Sb., 83, No. 2, 261–272 (1970).
- O. Martio, V. Ryazanov, U. Srebro, and E. Yakubov, “Mappings with finite length distortion,” J. Anal. Math., 93, 215–236 (2004). CrossRef
- P. Koskela and J. Onninen, “Mappings of finite distortion: Capacity and modulus inequalities,” J. Reine Angew. Math., 599, 1–26 (2006).
- J. Heinonen and P. Koskela, “Sobolev mappings with integrable dilatations,” Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal., 125, 81–97 (1993). CrossRef
- J. Maly and O. Martio, “Lusin’s condition and mappings of the class,” J. Reine Angew. Math., 458, 19–36 (1995).
- J. J. Manfredi and E. Villamor, “Mappings with integrable dilatation in higher dimensions,” Bull. Amer. Math. Soc., 32, No. 2, 235–240 (1995). CrossRef
- J. J. Manfredi and E. Villamor, “An extension of Reshetnyak’s theorem,” Indiana Univ. Math. J., 47, No. 3, 1131–1145 (1998).
- P. Koskela and J. Maly, “Mappings of finite distortion: The zero set of Jacobian,” J. Eur. Math. Soc., 5, No. 2, 95–105 (2003). CrossRef
- Yu. G. Reshetnyak, “Generalized derivatives and almost-everywhere differentiability,” Mat. Sb., 75, No. 3, 323–334 (1968).
- J. Väisälä, Lectures on n-Dimensional Quasiconformal Mappings, Springer, Berlin (1971).
- T. Rado and P. V. Reichelderfer, Continuous Transformations in Analysis, Springer, Berlin (1955).
- S. Rickman, “Quasiregular mappings,” Results Math. Relat. Areas, 26, No. 3 (1993).
- C. J. Bishop, V. Ya. Gutlyanskii, O. Martio, and M. Vuorinen, “On conformal dilatation in space,” Int. J. Math. Math. Sci., 22, 1397–1420 (2003). CrossRef
- Generalization of one Poletskii lemma to classes of space mappings
Ukrainian Mathematical Journal
Volume 61, Issue 7 , pp 1151-1157
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences, Donetsk, Ukraine