Theorems on the existence and nonexistence of solutions of the Cauchy problem for degenerate parabolic equations with nonlocal source
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider the Cauchy problem for a doubly nonlinear degenerate parabolic equation with nonlocal source under the assumption that the initial function is integrable. We establish the existence and nonexistence of time-global solutions of the problem.
- H. Fujita, “On the blowing up of solutions to the Cauchy problem for u t = △u + u 1+α ,” J. Fac. Sci. Univ. Tokyo, Sec. IA. Math., 13, 109–124 (1966).
- H. A. Levine, “The role of critical exponents in blow up theorems,” Review, 32, 262–288 (1990).
- K. Deng and H. A. Levine, “The role of critical exponents in blow-up theorems. The sequel,” J. Math. Anal. Appl., 243, 85–126 (2000). CrossRef
- D. Andreucci and A. F. Tedeev, “Optimal bounds and blow-up phenomena for parabolic problems in narrowing domains,” Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh, 128, 1163–1180 (1998).
- D. Andreucci and A. F. Tedeev, “A Fujita-type result for degenerate Neumann problem in domains with noncompact boundary,” J. Math. Anal. Appl., 231, 543–567 (1999). CrossRef
- V. A. Galaktionov and H. A. Levine, “A general approach to critical Fujita exponents and systems,” Nonlinear Anal. TMA, 34, 1005–1027 (1998). CrossRef
- X. Liu and M. Wang, “The critical exponent of doubly singular parabolic equations,” J. Math. Anal. Appl., 257, 170–188 (2001).
- G. R. Cirmi, S. Leonardi, and A. F. Tedeev, The Asymptotic Behavior of the Solution of a Quasilinear Parabolic Equation with Blow-up Term, Preprint, Catania University, Catania (1998).
- K. Deng, M. K. Kwong, and H. A. Levine, “The influence of nonlocal nonlinearities on the long-time behavior of solutions of Burgers’ equation,” Quart. Appl. Math., 50, 173–200 (1992).
- D. Andreucci and E. Di Benedetto, “On the Cauchy problem and initial traces for a class of evolution equations with strongly nonlinear sources,” Ann. Scuola Norm. Super Pisa, 18, 363–441 (1991).
- M. Tsutsumi, “On solution of some doubly nonlinear parabolic equations with absorption,” J. Math. Anal. Appl., 132, 187–212 (1988). CrossRef
- O. A. Ladyzhenskaya, V. A. Solonnikov, and N. N. Ural’tseva, Linear and Quasilinear Equations of Parabolic Type [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).
- Theorems on the existence and nonexistence of solutions of the Cauchy problem for degenerate parabolic equations with nonlocal source
Ukrainian Mathematical Journal
Volume 57, Issue 11 , pp 1687-1711
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links