DΔL: a dynamic deontic logic
- Krister Segerberg
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper suggests that it should be possible to develop dynamic deontic logic as a counterpart to the very successful development of dynamic doxastic logic (or dynamic epistemic logic, as it is more often called). The ambition, arrived at towards the end of the paper, is to give formal representations of agentive concepts such as “the agent is about to do (has just done) α” as well as of deontic concepts such as “it is obligatory (permissible, forbidden) for the agent to do α”, where α stands for an action (event).
- Alchourrón C., Gärdenfors P., & Makinson D. (1985) On the logic of theory choice. The Journal of Symbolic Logic 50: 510–530 CrossRef
- Belnap N., Perloff M., Xu M. (2001) Facing the future: Agents and choices in our indetermionistic world. Oxford University Press, Oxford
- Grove A. (1988) Two modellings for theory choice. Journal of Philosophical Logic 17: 157–170 CrossRef
- Lewis D. (1973) Counterfactuals. Blackwell, Oxford
- Segerberg K. (1999) Two traditions in the logic of belief: Bringing them together. In: Ohlbach H. J., Reyle U. (eds) Logic, language and reasoning: Essays in honour of Dov Gabbay. Kluwer, Dordrecht, pp 135–147 CrossRef
- Segerberg K. (2001) The basic dynamic doxastic logic of AGM. In: Williams M.-A., Rott H. (eds) Frontiers of bellief revision. Kluwer, Dordrecht, pp 57–84
- Segerberg, K., et al. (2002). Outline of a logic of action. In F. Wolter, Advances in modal logic (Vol. 3 pp. 365–387). Singapore: Wolrd Scientific Publishing Co.
- Segerberg K. (2003) Modellings for two types of action. In: Segerberg K., Sliwinski R. (eds) A philosophical smörgåsbord: Essays on action, truth and other things in honour of Fred Stoutland. Uppsala Philosophical Studies, Uppsala, pp 151–156
- Segerberg, K. (2005). Intension, intention. In R. Kahle (Ed.) Intensionality, Lecture Notes in Logic (pp. 174–186). LaJolla, CA: Association for Symbolic Logic and Wellesley, MA: A. K. Peters.
- Von Wright G.H. (1963a) Norm and action: A logical enquiry. The Humanities Press, London Routledge & Kegan Paul and New York
- VonWright G. H. (1963b) The varieties of goodness. The Humanities Press, London: Routledge & Kegan Paul and New York
- Von Wright, G. H. (1971). Explanation and understanding. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press and London: Routledge & Kegan Paul.
- DΔL: a dynamic deontic logic
Volume 185, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 1-17
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- The logic of “obligatory”, “permitted” and “forbidden”
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden