Universes of Fuzzy Sets and Axiomatizations of Fuzzy Set Theory. Part I: Model-Based and Axiomatic Approaches
- Siegfried GottwaldAffiliated withInstitute for Logic and Philosophy of Science, Leipzig University Email author
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
For classical sets one has with the cumulative hierarchy of sets, with axiomatizations like the system ZF, and with the category SET of all sets and mappings standard approaches toward global universes of all sets.
We discuss here the corresponding situation for fuzzy set theory.Our emphasis will be on various approaches toward (more or less naively formed)universes of fuzzy sets as well as on axiomatizations, and on categories of fuzzy sets.
What we give is a (critical)survey of quite a lot of such approaches which have been offered in the last approximately 35 years.
The present Part I is devoted to model based and to axiomatic approaches; the forth-coming Part II will be devoted to category theoretic approaches.
Keywordsfuzzy sets higher level fuzzy sets set theoretic universes axiomatic set theories categories of fuzzy sets M-valued sets
- Universes of Fuzzy Sets and Axiomatizations of Fuzzy Set Theory. Part I: Model-Based and Axiomatic Approaches
Volume 82, Issue 2 , pp 211-244
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- fuzzy sets
- higher level fuzzy sets
- set theoretic universes
- axiomatic set theories
- categories of fuzzy sets
- M-valued sets
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute for Logic and Philosophy of Science, Leipzig University, Beethovenstr. 15, 04107, Leipzig, Germany