Assessment of J-integral near the tip of a circumferential edge crack in a thick-walled pipe on rapid cooling of its inner surface
- G. V. Stepanov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The brittle fracture resistance of a pipe with the circumferential edge crack on thermal shock is determined by a maximum J-integral value at the stage of plastic strain development near the crack tip. In an elastoplastic metal, the value of J-integral on thermal shock reaches its maximum with an increase in strain energy near the crack tip.
- PNAÉ G-7-002-86. Norms of Strength Calculations for the Equipment and Pipelines of Nuclear Power Plants [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1989).
- RD ÉO-606-2005. Procedure of Brittle Fracture Resistance Calculations for NPP Pressure Vessels with WWER [in Russian], St. Petersburg, Moscow (2004).
- MT-D 0.03.391-06. Procedure of Strength and Life Assessment of WWER Pressure Vessels in Operation [in Russian], Kiev (2009).
- Rice, JR (1968) A path independent integral and the approximate analysis of strain concentration by notches and cracks. J. Appl. Mathem. 35: pp. 379-386
- V. I. Astaf’ev, Yu. N. Radaev, and L. V. Stepanova, Nonlinear Fracture Mechanics [in Russian], Samara University, Samara (2004).
- Pokrovskii, VV, Ivanchenko, AG (2002) Prediction of the warm prestressing effect on an increase in the brittle strength of crack-containing heat-resistant structural steels. Part 1. Model and procedure of calculating the warm prestressing effect. Strength Mater. 34: pp. 598-605 CrossRef
- Kharchenko, VV, Chirkov, AY (2010) The influence of thermomechanical loading history on the stress level in WWER NPP reactor pressure vessels under thermal shock. Strength Mater. 42: pp. 17-24 CrossRef
- O. Yu. Chirkov, Development and Realization of the Mixed Finite Element Method in the Problems of Strength, Vibrations, and Integrity of Structural Elements [in Ukrainian], Abstract of Thesis for a Doctor’s Degree Dr. Tech Sci, Kiev (2008).
- Documentation for ANSYS. Release 10.0.
- A. Ya. Krasovskii and V. N. Krasiko, Fracture Toughness of Steels for Main Pipelines [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1990).
- Assessment of J-integral near the tip of a circumferential edge crack in a thick-walled pipe on rapid cooling of its inner surface
Strength of Materials
Volume 44, Issue 5 , pp 518-524
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- plastic strain
- thermal shock
- fracture resistance
- Industry Sectors
- G. V. Stepanov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Pisarenko Institute of Problems of Strength, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine