Stability of supported cylindrical shell with geometric imperfections under combined loading
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A numerical method for investigating stability of the supported cylindrical shell with account for geometric imperfection in the form of its deformation during in-service loading has been developed. The problem of nonlinear stability of the imperfect supported cylindrical shell under combined loading has been solved. The influence of the imperfection amplitude on the critical combination of loads and stability region of the supported shell has been evaluated.
- W. T. Koiter, “Stability and post-critical behavior of elastic systems,” Mekhanika, No. 5, 99–100 (1960).
- A. S. Vol’mir, Stability of Deformable Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).
- S. P. Timoshenko, Stability of Beams, Plates, and Shells [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).
- V. A. Bazhenov, V. I. Gulyaev, and E. A. Gotsulyak, Stability of Nonlinear Mechanical Systems [in Russian], Vyshcha Shkola, Lvov (1982).
- R. H. Gallagher, Finite-Element Analysis: Fundamentals, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ (1975).
- Ya. M. Grigorenko, and V. I. Gulyaev, “Nonlinear problems of shell theory and their solution methods (review),” Prikl. Mekh., 27, No. 10, 3–23 (1991).
- G. D. Gavrilenko, “Numerical and analytical approaches to the stability analysis of imperfect shells,” Prikl. Mekh., 39, No. 9, 44–63 (2003).
- V. A. Bazhenov, O. P. Krivenko, and M. O. Solovei, Nonlinear Deformation and Stability of Elastic Shells of Inhomogeneous Structure [in Ukrainian], ZAT Vipol, Kyiv (2010).
- E. A. Gotsulyak and S. V. Zablotskii, “Stability investigations of shells with imperfections,” Prikl. Mekh., 26, No. 4, 49–55 (1990).
- E. A. Gotsulyak, O. A. Luk’yanchenko, O. V. Kostina, and V. V. Shakh, “Stability of the walls of cylindrical shells with geometric imperfections under combined loading,” in: Strength of Materials and Theory of Structures [in Ukrainian], Issue 79, Kyiv (2006), pp. 63–72.
- E. A. Gotsulyak, O. A. Luk’yanchenko, and V. V. Shakh, “On stability of cylindrical shells of variable thickness with initial imperfections,” Prikl. Mekh., 45, No. 4, 103–108 (2009).
- O. A. Luk’yanchenko, O. V. Kostina, and I. G. Garan, “Modeling of initial imperfections of the cylindrical shell of variable thickness during investigating its stability under combined loading,” in: Strength of Materials and Theory of Structures [in Ukrainian], Issue 84, Kyiv (2009), pp. 97–103.
- E. A. Gotsulyak, O. A. Luk’yanchenko, O. V. Kostina, and V. V. Shakh, “Development of the surface of the critical combinations of axial and end contractions of cylindrical shells of variable thickness with irregular imperfections,” in: Strength of Materials and Theory of Structures [in Ukrainian], Issue 85, Kyiv (2010), pp. 23–32.
- D. G. Shimkovich, Calculations of Constructions in MSC/Nastran for Windows [in Russian], DMK Press, Moscow (2001).
- DBN V.1.2-2:2006. Loading and Effects. Design Standard [in Ukrainian], Kyiv (2006).
- Stability of supported cylindrical shell with geometric imperfections under combined loading
Strength of Materials
Volume 44, Issue 5 , pp 556-561
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- nonlinear stability
- cylindrical shell
- geometric imperfection
- combined loading
- finite element method
- Industry Sectors