Method for the determination of the endurance limit of structural materials under high-cycle asymmetric loading using equivalent stresses
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A problem for the determination of endurance limits of metallic structural materials under asymmetric cyclic loading in a wide range of static cycle component has been solved. Endurance limit calculation are based on the use of limit state models, which allow one to describe limiting stress amplitude diagrams at the limited scope of the basic experiment, which is required for the identification of model parameters.
- H. J. Gough, Fatigue of Metals, Scott Greenwood, London (1924).
- P. G. Forrest, Fatigue of Metals, Pergamon Press, London (1962).
- R. B. Heywood, Designing Against Fatigue of Metals, Chapman and Hall, Ltd., London (1962).
- S. V. Serensen, V. P. Kogaev, and R. M. Shneiderovich, Carrying Capacity and Strength Calculations of Machine Elements. Manual and Handbook [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1975).
- I. A. Birger, B. F. Shorr, I. V. Dem’yanushko, et al., High-Temperature Strength of Machine Components [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1975).
- V. T. Troshchenko, A. Ya. Krasovskii, V. V. Pokrovskii, et al., Strain and Fracture Resistance of Materials. A Handbook [in Russian], Part 2, Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1994).
- V. T. Troshchenko, Deformation and Fracture of Metals under High-Cycle Loading [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1981).
- A. Z. Vorob’ev, B. I. Ol’kin, V. N. Stebnev, and T. S. Rodchenko, Fatigue Resistance of Structural Members [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1990).
- V. P. Golub, V. I. Krizhanovskii, and A. D. Pogrebnyak, “Fatigue strength calculation method for metallic and composite materials under asymmetric high-cycle loading,” Prikl. Mekh., 40, No. 11, 106–115 (2004).
- V. P. Golub, V. N. Pelykh, and A. D. Pogrebnyak, “Prediction of the fatigue life of prismatic metal rods under asymmetric tension–compression by the equivalent stress method,” Visn. NTUU “KPI.” Mashinobud., No. 58, 177–182 (2010).
- V. P. Golub, V. I. Krizhanovskii, A. D. Pogrebnyak, and E. S. Kochetkova, “Fatigue strength of metallic and composite materials in asymmetric tension–compression,” Prikl. Mekh., 42, No. 1, 48–58 (2006).
- A. V. Zheldubovskii, V. N. Pelykh, A. D. Pogrebnyak, and M. N. Regul’skii, “Computational method for the estimation of the durability of structural steels under high-cycle axial asymmetric loading,” in: Reliability and Durability of Machines and Structures [in Russian], No. 36 (2012), pp. 111–119.
- P. B. Mikhailov-Mikheev, Handbook of Metallic Materials for the Manufacture of Turbines and Motors [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow–Leningrad (1961).
- V. T. Troshchenko, L. A. Khamaza, and G. V. Tsybanev, Methods for the Rapid Determination of Endurance Limits of Metals on the Basis of Deformation and Energy Criteria [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1979).
- S. V. Serensen, Strength of Metals and Design of Machine Components [in Russian], ONTI, Moscow (1937).
- S. V. Serensen, I. M. Tetel’baum, and N. I. Prigorovskii, Dynamic Strength in Machine-Building [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1945).
- R. S. Kinosashvili, “Determination of strength margins at changing loads,” Tekhn. Vozdushn. Flota, No. 2-3, 1–13 (1944).
- I. A. Birger, “Strength margins at fluctuating stresses,” Vestn. Mashinostr., No. 6, 5–14 (1948).
- V. P. Golub and A. D. Pogrebnyak, High-Temperature Fracture of Materials under Cyclic Loading [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1994).
- Ya. I. Tsimbalistyi, A Study of the Inelasticity and Fatigue of Metals in Asymmetric High-Frequency Tension–Compression Cycles [in Russian], Author’s Abstract of the Candidate Degree Thesis (Tech. Sci.), Kiev (1975).
- G. V. Uzhik, “Strength of steels under the simultaneous action of permanent and changing loads,” Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. Tekhn. Nauk, No. 5, 657–665 (1949).
- Method for the determination of the endurance limit of structural materials under high-cycle asymmetric loading using equivalent stresses
Strength of Materials
Volume 44, Issue 5 , pp 525-533
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- asymmetric cyclic loading
- endurance limit
- limit state model
- limiting stress amplitude diagram
- equivalent stresses
- Industry Sectors