Effect of pulsed electric current treatment on corrosion of structural metals
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Results of corrosion tests of structural metals previously treated using pulsed electric current of high density are presented. According to the data obtained, the treatment substantially affects corrosion of metals. In cases of HSLA steel and 5182 aluminum alloy, an increase of corrosion resistance occurs, whereas the same treatment causes a dramatic reduction of corrosion resistance of 5754 aluminum alloy.
- Gutman, EM, Nizamov, KR, Getmanskii, MD, Nizamov, EA (1983) Corrosion Protection of Oil-Field Equipment. Nedra, Moscow
- H. Emi, A. Kumano, N. Baba, et al., “A study on life assessment of ships and offshore structures. Pt. 1: Basic study,” J. Soc. Nav. Archit. Jpn., No. 169, 443–454 (1991).
- H. Emi, M. Yuasa, A. Kumano, et al., “A study on life assessment of ships and offshore structures. Pt. 3: Corrosion control and condition evaluation for a long life service of the ship,” J. Soc. Nav. Archit. Jpn., No. 174, 735–744 (1993).
- Isaev, NI (1997) Theory of Corrosion Processes. Metallurgiya, Moscow
- Baranov, Yu V, Troitskii, OA, Avraamov, Yu S, Shlyapin, AD (2001) Physical Bases of Electro-Impulse and Electro-Plastic Treatments and New Materials. MGIU, Moscow
- Stepanov, GV, Babutsky, AI, Krushka, L (2003) Metal behavior under passage of pulse electric current. J. Phys. IV France 110: pp. 577-582 CrossRef
- G. V. Stepanov, A. I. Babutsky, and G. V. Chyzhyk, “Estimation of pulse electric current effect on strength of metallic materials,” Metaloznav. Obrob. Metal., No. 2, 64–68 (2005).
- Stepanov, GV, Babutskii, AI, Mameev, IA (2004) High-density pulse current-induced unsteady stress-strain state in a long rod. Strength Mater. 36: pp. 377-381 CrossRef
- Effect of pulsed electric current treatment on corrosion of structural metals
Strength of Materials
Volume 41, Issue 4 , pp 387-391
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- pulsed electric current
- aluminum alloy
- Industry Sectors