Date: 15 Mar 2012
Review of Michael Fielding and Peter Moss: Radical Education and the Common School
- Eduardo M. Duarte
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Arendt, H (1977) What is freedom? Beyond past and future. Penguin, New York
- Duarte, EM (2010) Educational thinking, and the conservation of the revolutionary. Teachers College Record 112: pp. 488-508
- Duarte, EM In the time of thinking differently. In: Kerdeman, D eds. (2010) Philosophy of education 2009. University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, pp. 250-252
- Duarte, E. M. (2011). Thinking/being difference: The question of the stranger, and a defense of an other philosophical location. Unpublished paper presented at the CORE Alternative Session “Race and Ethnicity in the Philosophical Imaginary” Philosophy of Education Society Annual Meeting March 25, 2011, St. Louis, MO.
- Duarte, E. M. (2012a). Being and learning. Rotterdam: Sense (in press).
- Duarte, E. M. (2012b). Retrieving immortal questions, initiating immortal conversations. Philosophical Studies in Education (in press).
- Foucault, M What is enlightenment?. In: Rabinow, P, Rose, NS eds. (2003) The essential foucault. The New Press, New York, pp. 43-57
- Gourgouris, S (2008) Poiein—political infinitive. PMLA 123: pp. 223-228 CrossRef
- Gutmann, A Challenges of multiculturalism in democratic education. In: Duarte, EM, Smith, S eds. (2000) Foundational perspectives in multicultural education. Longman, New York, pp. 311-331
- Heidegger, M. (1977). The question concerning technology. The question concerning technology and other essays (W. Lovitt Trans.). New York: Harper.
- Jacob, M. (1999). Jean Jacques, The selected poems of Max Jacob (W. Kulik, Ed., & Trans.). Oberlin: Oberlin College Press.
- Kant, I. (1987). Critique of judgment (W. Pluhar, Trans.). Indianapolis: Hackett.
- Kuhn, T (1962) The structures of scientific revolutions. University of Chicago Press, Chicago
- Lyotard, J-F (2001) I, the Fact/Je, le fait”, soundproof room: Malraux’s anti-aesthetics. Stanford University Press, Palo Alto
- Mouffe, C (1999) Deliberative democracy of agnostic pluralism?. Social Research 66: pp. 745-758
- Rancière, R. (2010). Ten theses on politics. Dissensus: On politics and aesthetics (S. Corcoran, Ed., & Trans.). New York: Continuum.
- Ruitenberg, CW (2009) Educating political adversaries: Chantal Mouffe and radical democratic citizen education. Studies in Philosophy of Education 28: pp. 269-281 CrossRef
- Schurmann, R (1987) Heidegger on being and acting: From principles to anarchy. University of Indiana, Bloomington
- Review of Michael Fielding and Peter Moss: Radical Education and the Common School
Studies in Philosophy and Education
Volume 31, Issue 5 , pp 491-500
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Education, Health and Human Services, Hagedorn Hall, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY, 11549-1000, USA