On the Branch Points of Mappings with the Unbounded Coefficient of Quasiconformality
- E. A. Sevost’yanov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We study relations between the quantity characterizing the distortion of families of curves under a given mapping and the structure of the branch point set of this mapping. For n ⩽ 3 we establish that the image of the branch point set of an open discrete mapping with an isolated essential singularity is an unbounded set in Rn provided that the mapping satisfies certain geometric conditions controlling the distortion of concentric annuli centered at this point.
- Reshetnyak Yu. G., Space Mappings with Bounded Distortion, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI (1989) (Transl. Math. Monographs; 73).
- Rickman S., Quasiregular Mappings, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1993) (Results Math. Related Areas, (3); 26).
- Reshetnyak Yu. G., “Bounds on moduli of continuity for certain mappings,” Siberian Math. J., 7, No. 5, 879–886 (1966). CrossRef
- Poletskiĭ E. A., “The modulus method for nonhomeomorphic quasiconformal mappings,” Math. USSR-Sb., 12, No. 2, 260–270 (1970). CrossRef
- Martio O., Rickman S., and Väisälä J., “Topological and metric properties of quasiregular mappings,” Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Ser. A I Math., 488, 1–31 (1971).
- Martio O., Ryazanov V., Srebro U., and Yakubov E., Moduli in Modern Mapping Theory, Springer Science + Business Media, LLC, New York (2009).
- Agard S. and Marden A., “A removable singularity theorem for local homeomorphisms,” Indiana Math. J., 20, 455–461 (1970). CrossRef
- Zorich V. A., “A theorem of M. A. Lavrent’ev on quasiconformal space maps,” Mat. Sb., 116, No. 3, 415–433 (1967).
- Väisälä J., Lectures on n-Dimensional Quasiconformal Mappings, Springer-Verlag, Berlin etc. (1971) (Lecture Notes in Math.; 229).
- GehringF. W., “Rings and quasiconformal mappings in space,” Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 103, No. 3, 353–393 (1962).
- Ahlfors L. V., Lectures on Quasiconformal Mappings, D. Van Nostrand Company, Princeton, Toronto, New York, and London (1969).
- Lehto O. and Virtanen K., Quasiconformal Mappings in the Plane, Springer-Verlag, New York etc. (1973).
- Bishop C. J., Gutlyanskiĭ V. Ya., Martio O., and Vuorinen M., “On conformal dilatation in space,” Internat. J. Math. Math. Sci., 22, 1397–1420 (2003). CrossRef
- Miklyukov V. M., The Conformal Mapping of an Irregular Surface and Its Applications [in Russian], Izdat. Volgogradsk. Univ., Volgograd (2005).
- Troyanov M. and Vodop’yanov S., “Liouville type theorems for mappings with bounded (co)-distortion,” Ann. Inst. Fourier, Grenoble, 52, No. 6, 1753–1784 (2002).
- Ukhlov A. D. and Vodop’yanov S. K., “Sobolev spaces and mappings with bounded (P; Q)-distortion on Carnot groups,” Bull. Sci. Math., 52, No. 4, 349–370 (2009).
- Sevost’yanov E. A., “Integral characterization of some generalizations of quasiregular mappings and the quantity of the condition for the divergence of the integral in geometric function theory,” Ukrain. Mat. Zh., 61, No. 10, 1367–1380 (2009).
- Sevost’yanov E. A., “Towards a theory of removable singularities for maps with unbounded quasiconformality characteristic,” Izv. Math., 74, No. 1, 151–165 (2010). CrossRef
- Salimov R. R. and Sevost’yanov E. A., “The theory of shell-based Q-mappings in geometric function theory,” Sb.: Math., 201, No. 6, 909–934 (2010). CrossRef
- Whyburn G. T., Analytic Topology, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI (1942).
- John F. and Nirenberg L., “On functions of bounded mean oscillation,” Comm. Pure Appl. Math., 14, 415–426 (1961). CrossRef
- Shabat B. V., “To the theory of quasiconformal mappings in space,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 132, No. 5, 1045–1048 (1960).
- Zorich V. A., “An isolated singularity of mappings with bounded distortion,” Math. USSR-Sb., 10, No. 4, 581–583 (1970). CrossRef
- Sevost’yanov E. A., “A generalization of one lemma by E. A. Poletskiĭ on the classes of space mappings,” Ukrain. Mat. Zh., 61, No. 7, 969–975 (2009).
- Suvorov G. D., The Art of Mathematical Inquiry [in Russian], TEAN, Donetsk (1999).
- On the Branch Points of Mappings with the Unbounded Coefficient of Quasiconformality
Siberian Mathematical Journal
Volume 51, Issue 5 , pp 899-912
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- mapping with bounded distortion
- mapping with finite distortion
- modulus of a family of curves
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Donetsk, Ukraine