A conjugacy criterion for Hall subgroups in finite groups
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A finite group G is said to satisfy C π for a set of primes π, if G possesses exactly one class of conjugate π-Hall subgroups. We obtain a criterion for a finite group G to satisfy C π in terms of a normal series of the group.
- Hall P., “Theorems like Sylow’s,” Proc. London Math. Soc., 6, No. 22, 286–304 (1956). CrossRef
- Revin D. O. and Vdovin E. P., “Hall subgroups of finite groups,” Contemp. Math., No. 402, 229–263 (2006).
- Revin D. O. and Vdovin E. P., “On the number of classes of conjugate Hall subgroups in finite simple groups,” J. Algebra (to appear). Available at http://arxiv.org/abs/0912.1922.
- Suzuki M., Group Theory. II, Springer-Verlag, New York (1986).
- Gross F., “On the existence of Hall subgroups,” J. Algebra, 98, No. 1, 1–13 (1986). CrossRef
- Revin D. O. and Vdovin E. P., “Existence criterion for Hall subgroups of finite groups,” J. Group Theory (to appear). Available at http://arxiv.org/abs/0803.3868.
- Revin D. O., “Hall π-subgroups of finite Chevalley groups whose characteristic belongs to π,” Siberian Adv. Math., 9, No. 2, 25–71 (1999).
- Gross F., “Conjugacy of odd order Hall subgroups,” Bull. London Math. Soc., 19, No. 79, 311–319 (1987). CrossRef
- A conjugacy criterion for Hall subgroups in finite groups
Siberian Mathematical Journal
Volume 51, Issue 3 , pp 402-409
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Hall subgroup
- conjugacy of Hall subgroups
- C π -property