A Critical Lens on Marriage Promotion
- Justin A. Lavner
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Badgett, M. V. L. (2009). When gay people get married: What happens when societies legalize same-sex marriage. New York, NY: NYU Press.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences (2nd ed.). New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Duncan, G. J., Huston, A. C., & Weisner, T. (2006). Higher ground: New hope for the working poor and their children. New York: Russell Sage.
- Edin, K., & Kefalas, M. J. (2005). Promises I can keep: Why poor women put motherhood before marriage. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Hsueh, J., Alderson, D. P., Lundquist, E., Michalopoulos, C., Gubits, D., Fein, D., & Knox, V. (2012). The supporting healthy marriage evaluation: Early impacts on low-income families. OPRE Report 2012–11. Washington, DC: Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Katz, S. J., & Hofer, T. P. (1994). Socioeconomic disparities in preventive care persist despite universal coverage: Breast and cervical cancer screening in Ontario and the United States. JAMA, 272, 530–534. doi:10.1001/jama.1994.03520070050037. CrossRef
- Maisel, N. C., & Fingerhut, A. W. (2011). California’s ban on same-sex marriage: The campaign and its effects on gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals. Journal of Social Issues, 67, 242–263. doi:10.1111/j.1540-4560.2011.01696.x. CrossRef
- Perry v. Schwarzenegger, 704 F. Supp. 2d 921 (N.D. Cal. 2010).
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Overview. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/recovery/programs/tanf/tanf-overview.html
- Wood, R. C., McConnell, S., Moore, Q., Clarkwest, A., & Hsueh, J. (2010). Strengthening unmarried parents’ relationships: The early impacts of building strong families. Princeton, NJ: Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- Wood, R. G., Moore, Q., & Clarkwest, A. (2011). BSF’s effects on couples who attended group relationship skills sessions: A special analysis of 15-month data. OPRE Report # 2011-17. Washington, DC: Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- A Critical Lens on Marriage Promotion
Volume 68, Issue 7-8 , pp 517-519
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Justin A. Lavner (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA, 90095-1563, USA