The disaster of the Nazi-power in science as reflected by some leading journals and scientists in physics.
- Manuel CardonaAffiliated withMax Planck Institute for Solid State Research
- , Werner MarxAffiliated withMax Planck Institute for Solid State Research
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The dramatic consequences of the Nazi-power for science are described extensively in various articles and books. Recent progress in information systems allows a more quantitative reflection. Literature databases ranging back to the beginning of the 20th century, the ISI citation indexes ranging back to 1945 and sophisticated search systems are suitable tools for this purpose. In this study the overall break in the scientific productivity and that of selected physical journals are examined. An overview of the citation impact of some 50 leading physicists is given. The productivity before and after departure is analyzed and, in some cases, connected to biographical data.
- The disaster of the Nazi-power in science as reflected by some leading journals and scientists in physics.
Volume 64, Issue 3 , pp 313-324
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors