New Species of the Genus Polarsternium (Pogonophora) from the Scotia Sea and Adjacent Waters of the Antarctic
- R. V. Smirnov
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Four new species of the genus Polarsternium (Smirnov, 1999) are recorded from the Atlantic Sector of the Antarctic Ocean. Benthic samples were collected from depths of 820–6070 m at 10 stations on cruises of the RVs Akademik Kurchatov (1971 and 1985), Evrika (1987), and Dmitrii Mendeleev (1989). The morphological descriptions and comparative characteristics of P. magnum sp. n., P. evrikae sp. n., P. mirabile sp. n., and P. australe sp. n. are given. The description of the Arctic representative of the genus, Polarsternium rugellosum (Smirnov, 1999), is expanded after study of new material from the Laptev Sea (2 stations, 100–233 m depth, RV Polarstern, 1993 and 1998).
- Smirnov, R.V., A New Genus and Two New Species of Pogonophores from the Northern Ocean, Biol. Morya, 1999, vol. 25, no.4, pp. 281–287
- Smirnov, R.V., A New Species of Spirobrachia (Pogonophora) from the Orkney Trench (Antarctica), Polar Biol., 2000, vol. 23, pp. 567–570.
- Smirnov, R.V., A Redescription of Spirobrachia leospira Gureeva (Pogonophora), With the Erection of a New Genus and a Revision of the Spirobrachiidae, Ophelia, 2000, vol. 53, no.2, pp. 151–158.
- New Species of the Genus Polarsternium (Pogonophora) from the Scotia Sea and Adjacent Waters of the Antarctic
Russian Journal of Marine Biology
Volume 31, Issue 3 , pp 146-154
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- R. V. Smirnov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Zoological Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg, 199034, Russia