Editorial – Metacognition and Science Education: Pushing Forward from a Solid Foundation
- Gregory P. Thomas
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Fleer, M., & Robbins, J. (2003). Understanding our youngest scientific and technological thinkers: International developments in early childhood science education. Research in Science Education, 33(4), 399–404. CrossRef
- Garner, R., & Alexander, P. (1987). Metacognition: Answered and unanswered questions. Educational Psychologist, 24(2), 143–158.
- Gunstone, R. F. (1994). The importance of specific science content in the enhancement of metacognition. In P. J. Fensham, R. F. Gunstone, & R. T. White (Eds.), The content of science: A constructivist approach to its teaching and learning (pp. 131–146). London: Falmer Press.
- Hacker, D. J., Dunlosky, J., & Graesser, A. C. (1998). Metacognition in educational theory and practice. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Schwartz, B. L., & Perfect, T. J. (2002). Introduction: Toward an applied metacognition. In T. J. Perfect & B. L. Schwartz (Eds.), Applied metacognition (pp. 1–11). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Perkins, D. N. (1992). Smart schools: From training memories to educating minds. New York: Macmillan.
- Thomas, G. P. (1999). Student restraints to reform: Conceptual change issues in enhancing students' learning processes. Research in Science Education, 29(1), 89–109.
- Thomas, G. P. (in press). Metaphor, students' conceptions of learning and teaching, and metacognition. In P. Aubusson, A. Harrison, & S. M. Ritchie (Eds.), Metaphor and analogy in science education. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer.
- Toffler, A. (1970). Future shock. London: Pan Books.
- White, R. T. (1988). Metacognition. In J. P. Keeves (Ed.), Educational research. Methodology and measurement (pp. 70–75). Sydney: Pergamon Press.
- Editorial – Metacognition and Science Education: Pushing Forward from a Solid Foundation
Research in Science Education
Volume 36, Issue 1-2 , pp 1-6
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links