Mathematical modeling of the generation of topographic internal waves by nonstationary currents
- V. F. Sannikov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In the linear statement, within the framework of long-wave approximation, we develop a mathematical model for the numerical analysis of the fields of internal waves generated by a local unevenness of the bottom in a nonstationary spatially homogeneous flow. For the corresponding problem, we obtain the solution suitable for numerical calculations. We study the effects connected with periodic changes in the direction of currents and analyze the horizontal distribution of amplitudes for a single internal mode and the dependence of this distribution on the Coriolis parameter.
- L. V. Cherkesov, V. I. Vlasenko, N. M. Stashchuk, A. M. Suvorov, and V. V. Fomin, Hydrodynamics of Sea Waves [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1992).
- R. D. Sharman, “Three-dimensional structure of forced gravity waves and lee waves,” J. Atmosph. Sci., 61, 664–681 (2004). CrossRef
- L. N. Sretenskii, “On the waves induced by a ship moving along a circular path,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. O.T.N., 1, 13–22 (1946).
- A. E. Bukatov and V. V. Zharkov, “Generation of three-dimensional bending oscillations of a floating elastic plate in the case of motion of a concentrated load along a complex path,” Prikl. Mat. Tekh. Fiz., 38, No. 3, 164–173 (1997).
- A. E. Bukatov and V. V. Zharkov, “The floating continuous ice cover flexural oscillations when a load is moving along a complicated trajectory,” Int. J. Offshor. Pol. Eng., 11, No. 1, 1–8 (2001).
- S. V. Alekseenko and A. A. Cherep, “Formation of spiral waves in the process of circular motion of a source in dispersive media,” Dokl. Ros. Akad. Nauk, 327, No. 3, 306–310 (1992).
- V. F. Sannikov, “Focusing of internal waves generated by the nonuniform motion of a region of atmospheric pressures,” Morsk. Gidrofiz. Zh., No. 5, 22–29 (2006).
- A. P. Prudnikov, Yu. A. Brychkov, and O. I. Marichev, Integrals and Series. Special Functions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).
- Mathematical modeling of the generation of topographic internal waves by nonstationary currents
Volume 20, Issue 6 , pp 410-418
- Cover Date
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- V. F. Sannikov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Marine Hydrophysical Institute, Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences, Sevastopol, Ukraine