Field studies of the motion of sediments in the coastal zone of the sea
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We present the results of measurements carried out with the help of the “Donnaya Stantsiya” complex of equipment in the coastal zone of the Crimean shelf near Evpatoriya and near the southeast end of the Kosa Tuzla Island. For the same intensity of winds in these regions, the intensities of waves and turbulence in the coastal zone near Evpatoriya are much higher and, hence, the fluxes of suspended sediments are more intense. The accumulated data are intended for the correction of the kinetic model used for the evaluation of the characteristics of the field of suspended sediments in the shallow-water areas.
- V. A. Ivanov and A. E. Mikhinov, Prediction of the Dynamics of Sediments in the Coastal Zone (Practical Recommendations and Parameters of Calculations) [in Russian], Preprint, Marine Hydrophysical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Sevastopol (1991).
- A. N. Dobrotvorskii, S. A. Druzhevskii, V. M. Kushnir, et al., “Diagnostic model of deformations of the bottom under the action of hydrometeorological factors,” Navig. Gidrograf., No. 1, 94–103 (2001).
- T. H. Lee and D. M. Hanes, “Comparison of field observations of the vertical distribution and its prediction by models,” J. Geophys. Res., 101, No. C2, 3561–3572 (1996).
- V. A. Ivanov, V. Z. Dykman, and O. I. Efremov, “Distribution function of suspended particles in the coastal region of the sea,” Dop. NAN Ukr., No. 1, 111–117 (2005).
- V. A. Ivanov (Ed.), Contemporary Methods and Means of Monitoring of the Marine Media [in Russian], Marine Hydrophysical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Sevastopol (2006).
- V. A. Ivanov, V. Z. Dykman, and O. I. Efremov, “A model of turbulent bottom layer for shallow-water regions,” Morsk. Gidrofiz. Zh., No. 2, 49–62 (2010).
- K. S. Shifrin, Introduction to the Ocean Optics [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1983).
- K. S. Shifrin, B. Z. Moroz, and A. N. Sakharov, “Determination of the characteristics of the dispersed medium according to the data on its transparency,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 199, No. 3, 581–598 (1971).
- K. S. Shifrin, A. N. Sakharov, B. V. Novogrudskii, et al., “Determination of the weight concentration of suspensions in colloid systems with particles of any shape by the method of fluctuations,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 215, No. 5, 1085–1086 (1974).
- E. V. Man’kovskaya and V. I. Man’kovskii, “Information technology of processing of the data of measurements of the fluctuations of transparency of marine media for the determination of the parameters of a coarse suspension,” in: Systems of Monitoring of the Environment [in Russian], Marine Hydrophysical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Sevastopol (2008), pp. 137–139.
- V. Popov (Ed.), Dynamical Processes in Coastal Regions, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia (1990).
- Field studies of the motion of sediments in the coastal zone of the sea
Volume 20, Issue 5 , pp 379-395
- Cover Date
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links