The Al–Cu–Ir isothermal section at 800°C in the aluminum-rich range
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The partial isothermal section at 800°C is represented for the first time. The structure of the Al–Cu–Ir alloys in the Al70Ir30–Al40Cu60–Al range, which are quenched from 800°C, is investigated by SEM/EDX and XRD methods. Three ternary phases (decagonal quasicrystalline D1, orthorhombic ε6, and cubic (fcc) C2) are stable at this temperature. The (Al9Ir2), φ, ε6, D1, γ1, and є2 phases coexist with a liquid phase at 800°C.
- D. Shechtman, I. Blech, and D. Gratias, “Metallic phase with long-range orientational order and no transitional symmetry,” J. Cahn. Phys. Rev. Lett., 53, No. 20, 1951–1953 (1984). CrossRef
- B. Grushko and T. Velikanova, “Formation of quasiperiodic and related periodic intermetallics in alloy systems of aluminum with transition metals,” CALPHAD, 31, No. 2, 217–232 (2007). CrossRef
- D. Kapush, B. Grushko, D. Pavlyuchkov, and T. Ya. Velikanova, “An investigation of the Al-rich region of the Al–Cu–Ir phase diagram,” Chem. Met. Alloys, 2, No. 1–2, 30–33 (2009).
- N. S. Athanasiou, “Formation, characterization and magnetic properties of some ternary Al–Cu–M (M = transitional metal) quasicrystals prepared by conventional solidification,” Int. J. Modern Phys., 11, No. 20, 2443–2464 (1997). CrossRef
- B. Grushko and D. Pavlyuchkov, “X-ray powder diffraction data for ω and C2 phases of Al–Cu–Ir,” Powder Diffraction, 23, No. 4, 356–359 (2008). CrossRef
- M. G. Bown and P. J. Brown, “The structure of FeCu2Al7 and T(CoCuAl),” Acta Crystallogr., 9, 911–914 (1956). CrossRef
- D. Pavlyuchkov, B. Grushko, T. Ya. Velikanova, “A contribution to the Al–Ir phase diagram,” Intermetallics, 16, No. 6, 801–806 (2008). CrossRef
- J. L. Murray, Phase Diagrams of Binary Copper Alloys, ASM International, Metal Park, Ohio (1994), p. 18.
- M. Boström, H. Rosner, Yu. Prots, et al., “The Co2Al9 structure type revisited,” Z. Anorg. Allg. Chem., 631, 534–541 (2005). CrossRef
- L.-E. Edshammar, “The crystal structure of IrAl3,” Acta Chem. Scand., 21, No. 21, 1104–1105 (1967). CrossRef
- I. Gröbner, Al–Cu (Aluminum–Copper), MSIT Binary Evaluation Program, MSIT Workplace, G. Effenberg (ed.), Materials Science International Service GmbH, Stuttgart (2004), Document ID: 20. 11492.1.20.
- The Al–Cu–Ir isothermal section at 800°C in the aluminum-rich range
Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics
Volume 49, Issue 1-2 , pp 79-85
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- phase diagram
- isothermal section
- Industry Sectors