Vicissitudes of non-visual objects: Comments on Macpherson, O’Callaghan, and Batty
- Austen Clark
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The papers by Macpherson, O’Callaghan, and Batty reveal some startling differences in the objects and properties represented by different modalities. They also reveal some tensions between different ways of understanding what it is for any one modality to represent objects and properties.
- Clark, A. (2000). A theory of sentience. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Goodman, N. (1977). The structure of appearance (3rd ed.). Boston: Dordrecht Reidel.
- Pylyshyn, Z. (2001). Visual indexes, preconceptual objects, and situated vision. Cognition, 80, 127–158. CrossRef
- Pylyshyn, Z. (2003). Seeing and visualizing: It’s not what you think. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Sellars, W. (1981). Naturalism and process. The Monist, 64, 37–65.
- Vicissitudes of non-visual objects: Comments on Macpherson, O’Callaghan, and Batty
Volume 153, Issue 1 , pp 175-181
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Intentional object
- Austen Clark (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Connecticut, Storrs, USA