Date: 12 May 2009
Efficacy and Safety of Prolonged Immunomodulatory Treatment with Interferon Beta
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Translated from Zhurnal Nevrologii i Psikhiatrii imeni S. S. Korsakova, Vol. 108, No. 4, pp. 24–26, April, 2008.
- C. Confavreux, G. Aimard, and M. Devic, “Course and prognosis of multiple sclerosis assessed by computerized data processing of 349 patients,” Brain, 103, 281–300 (1980). CrossRef
- “European Study Group on Interferon β-1b in Secondary Progressive MS. Placebo-controlled multicenter randomised trial of interferon β-1b in treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis,” Lancet, 352, 1491–1497 (1998).
- G. Ebers, A. Traboulsee, D. Langdon, et al., “Final results from the interferon β-1b 16 year long-term follow-up study,” Poster presented at ECTRIMS, Madrid (2006), p. 666.
- IFNB Multiple Sclerosis Study Group, “Interferon β-1b is effective in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. 1. Clinical results of multicenter, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Neurology, 43, 655–661 (1993).
- L. D. Jacobs, D. L. Cookfair, R. A. Rudick, et al., “Intramuscular interferon β-1a for disease progression in relapsing multiple sclerosis,” Ann. Neurol., 39, 285–294 (1996). CrossRef
- L. D. Jacobs, R. W. Beck, J. H. Simon, et al., “Intramuscular interferon β-1a therapy initiated during a first demyelinating event in multiple sclerosis CHAMPS Study Group,” New Eng. J. Med., 343, 898–904 (2000). CrossRef
- R. P. Kinkel, C. Kollman, P. O’Connor, et al., “CHAMPIONS Study Group. IM interferon β-1a delays definite multiple sclerosis 5 years after a first demyelinating event,” Neurology, 66, 678–684 (2006). CrossRef
- J. Kuhle, M. Hardmeier, M. D. Hooghe, et al., “On behalf of the EUSPMS long-term follow-up of European Study of interferon β-1b (EUSPMS) in secondary progressive MS,” Mult. Scler., 9, Supplement 1, 143 (2003).
- L. Kappos, A. Traboulsee, C. Constaninescu, et al., “Long-term subcutaneous interferon (β-1a therapy in patients with relapsing-remitting MS,” Neurology, 67, 944–953 (2006). CrossRef
- B. Runmarker and O. Andersen, “Prognostic factors in multiple sclerosis incidence cohort with twenty-five years of follow-up,” Brain, 116, No. 1, 117–134 (1993). CrossRef
- R. A. Rudick, G. R. Cutter, M. Baier, et al., “Estimating long-term effects of disease-modifying drug therapy in multiple sclerosis patients,” Mult. Scler., 11, 626–634 (2005). CrossRef
- “PRISMS (Prevention of Relapses and Disability by Interferon β-1a Subcutaneously in Multiple Sclerosis) Study Group. Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study of interferon β-1a in relapsing- remitting multiple sclerosis,” Lancet, 352, 1498–1504 (1998).
- “PRISMS Study Group and the University of British Columbia MS/MRI Analysis Group PRISMS-4: Long-term efficacy of interferon β-1a in relapsing MS,” Neurology, 56, 1628–1636 (2001).
- “The IFNB Multiple Sclerosis Study Group and the University of British Columbia MS/MRI Analysis Group. Interferon β-1b in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: final outcome of the randomised controlled trial,” Neurology, 45, 1277–1285 (1995).
- B. G. Weinshenker, B. Bass, G. P. Rice, et al., “The natural history of multiple sclerosis: geographically based study. I. Clinical course and disability,” Brain, 112, No. 1, 133–146 (1989). CrossRef
- B. G. Weinshenker, “The natural history of multiple sclerosis,” Neurol. Clin., 13, 119–146 (1995).
- Efficacy and Safety of Prolonged Immunomodulatory Treatment with Interferon Beta
Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology
Volume 39, Issue 5 , pp 497-499
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links