Date: 12 May 2009
Efficacy and Safety of Prolonged Immunomodulatory Treatment with Interferon Beta
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Translated from Zhurnal Nevrologii i Psikhiatrii imeni S. S. Korsakova, Vol. 108, No. 4, pp. 24–26, April, 2008.
- Confavreux, C, Aimard, G, Devic, M (1980) Course and prognosis of multiple sclerosis assessed by computerized data processing of 349 patients. Brain 103: pp. 281-300 CrossRef
- “European Study Group on Interferon β-1b in Secondary Progressive MS. Placebo-controlled multicenter randomised trial of interferon β-1b in treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis,” Lancet, 352, 1491–1497 (1998).
- G. Ebers, A. Traboulsee, D. Langdon, et al., “Final results from the interferon β-1b 16 year long-term follow-up study,” Poster presented at ECTRIMS, Madrid (2006), p. 666.
- IFNB Multiple Sclerosis Study Group, “Interferon β-1b is effective in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. 1. Clinical results of multicenter, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Neurology, 43, 655–661 (1993).
- Jacobs, LD, Cookfair, DL, Rudick, RA (1996) Intramuscular interferon β-1a for disease progression in relapsing multiple sclerosis. Ann. Neurol. 39: pp. 285-294 CrossRef
- Jacobs, LD, Beck, RW, Simon, JH (2000) Intramuscular interferon β-1a therapy initiated during a first demyelinating event in multiple sclerosis. CHAMPS Study Group. New Eng. J. Med. 343: pp. 898-904 CrossRef
- Kinkel, RP, Kollman, C, O’Connor, P (2006) CHAMPIONS Study Group. IM interferon β-1a delays definite multiple sclerosis 5 years after a first demyelinating event. Neurology 66: pp. 678-684 CrossRef
- Kuhle, J, Hardmeier, M, Hooghe, MD (2003) On behalf of the EUSPMS long-term follow-up of European Study of interferon β-1b (EUSPMS) in secondary progressive MS. Mult. Scler. 9: pp. 143
- Kappos, L, Traboulsee, A, Constaninescu, C (2006) Long-term subcutaneous interferon (β-1a therapy in patients with relapsing-remitting MS. Neurology 67: pp. 944-953 CrossRef
- Runmarker, B, Andersen, O (1993) Prognostic factors in multiple sclerosis incidence cohort with twenty-five years of follow-up. Brain 116: pp. 117-134 CrossRef
- Rudick, RA, Cutter, GR, Baier, M (2005) Estimating long-term effects of disease-modifying drug therapy in multiple sclerosis patients. Mult. Scler. 11: pp. 626-634 CrossRef
- “PRISMS (Prevention of Relapses and Disability by Interferon β-1a Subcutaneously in Multiple Sclerosis) Study Group. Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study of interferon β-1a in relapsing- remitting multiple sclerosis,” Lancet, 352, 1498–1504 (1998).
- “PRISMS Study Group and the University of British Columbia MS/MRI Analysis Group PRISMS-4: Long-term efficacy of interferon β-1a in relapsing MS,” Neurology, 56, 1628–1636 (2001).
- “The IFNB Multiple Sclerosis Study Group and the University of British Columbia MS/MRI Analysis Group. Interferon β-1b in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: final outcome of the randomised controlled trial,” Neurology, 45, 1277–1285 (1995).
- Weinshenker, BG, Bass, B, Rice, GP (1989) The natural history of multiple sclerosis: geographically based study. I. Clinical course and disability. Brain 112: pp. 133-146 CrossRef
- Weinshenker, BG (1995) The natural history of multiple sclerosis. Neurol. Clin. 13: pp. 119-146
- Efficacy and Safety of Prolonged Immunomodulatory Treatment with Interferon Beta
Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology
Volume 39, Issue 5 , pp 497-499
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links