On the existence of an optimal solution of the Mayer problem governed by 2D continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model
In the paper the optimization problem described by some nonlinear hyperbolic equation being continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model is considered. A theorem on the existence of at least one solution to this hyperbolic PDE is proved and some properties of the set of all solutions are established. The existence of a solution to an optimization problem under appropriate assumptions is the main result of this paper. Some application of the obtained results to the process of gas filtration is also presented.
- Cesari L. (1983) Optimization—theory and application. Springer, Berlin
- Cheng H., Saito T., Matsushita S., Xu L. (2011) Realization of multidimensional systems in Fornasini-Marchesini state-space model. Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing 22(4): 319–333 CrossRef
- Fornasini, E.& Marchesini, G. (1976). State space realization of two dimensional filters. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-21(4), 484–491.
- Fornasini, E. & Marchesini, G. (1978/1979). Doubly-indexed dynamical systems: State-space models and structural properties. Mathematical Systems Theory, 12, 59–72.
- Idczak D., Kibalczyc K., Walczak S. (1994) On an optimization problem with cost of rapid variation of control. Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, Series B 36: 117–131 CrossRef
- Idczak D., Walczak S. (2000) On the existence of a solution for some distributed optimal control hyperbolic system. International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences 23(5): 297–311 CrossRef
- Idczak D., Walczak S. (1994) On Helly’s theorem for functions of several variables and its applications to variational problems. Optimization 30: 331–343 CrossRef
- Idczak D. (2008) Maximum principle for optimal control of two-directionally continuous linear repetitive processes. Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing 19(3–4): 411–423 CrossRef
- Kaczorek T. (1985) Two-dimensional linear systems. Springer, Berlin, Germany
- Kisielewicz, M. (1991). Differential inclusions and optimal control, volume 44. Kluwer, Dordrecht, Boston, London, Higher School of Engineering, Zielona Góra, Poland.
- Klamka J. (1991) Controllability of dynamical systems. Kluwer, Dordrecht, Holland
- Łojasiewicz S. (1988) An Introduction to the theory of real functions. Wiley, Chichester
- Majewski M. (2006) On the existence of optimal solutions to an optimal control problem. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 128(3): 635–651 CrossRef
- Rehbock V., Wang S., Teo K. L. (1998) Computing optimal control with hyperbolic partial differential equation. Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, Series B 40(2): 266–287 CrossRef
- Tikhonov A. N., Samarski A. A. (1990) Equations of mathematical physics. Dover Publications, Inc., New York
- Walczak S. (1987) Absolutely continuous functions of several variables and their application to differential equations. Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences 35(11–12): 733–744
- Yang R., Zhang C., Xie L. (2007) Linear quadratic Gaussian control of 2-dimensional systems. Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing 18(4): 273–295 CrossRef
- On the existence of an optimal solution of the Mayer problem governed by 2D continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing
Volume 24, Issue 4 , pp 657-665
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Mayer problem
- Continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model
- Existence of optimal solutions
- Industry Sectors