On the existence of an optimal solution of the Mayer problem governed by 2D continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model
In the paper the optimization problem described by some nonlinear hyperbolic equation being continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model is considered. A theorem on the existence of at least one solution to this hyperbolic PDE is proved and some properties of the set of all solutions are established. The existence of a solution to an optimization problem under appropriate assumptions is the main result of this paper. Some application of the obtained results to the process of gas filtration is also presented.
- Cesari, L. (1983) Optimization—theory and application. Springer, Berlin
- Cheng, H., Saito, T., Matsushita, S., Xu, L. (2011) Realization of multidimensional systems in Fornasini-Marchesini state-space model. Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing 22: pp. 319-333 CrossRef
- Fornasini, E.& Marchesini, G. (1976). State space realization of two dimensional filters. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-21(4), 484–491.
- Fornasini, E. & Marchesini, G. (1978/1979). Doubly-indexed dynamical systems: State-space models and structural properties. Mathematical Systems Theory, 12, 59–72.
- Idczak, D., Kibalczyc, K., Walczak, S. (1994) On an optimization problem with cost of rapid variation of control. Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, Series B 36: pp. 117-131 CrossRef
- Idczak, D., Walczak, S. (2000) On the existence of a solution for some distributed optimal control hyperbolic system. International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences 23: pp. 297-311 CrossRef
- Idczak, D., Walczak, S. (1994) On Helly’s theorem for functions of several variables and its applications to variational problems. Optimization 30: pp. 331-343 CrossRef
- Idczak, D. (2008) Maximum principle for optimal control of two-directionally continuous linear repetitive processes. Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing 19: pp. 411-423 CrossRef
- Kaczorek, T. (1985) Two-dimensional linear systems. Springer, Berlin, Germany
- Kisielewicz, M. (1991). Differential inclusions and optimal control, volume 44. Kluwer, Dordrecht, Boston, London, Higher School of Engineering, Zielona Góra, Poland.
- Klamka, J. (1991) Controllability of dynamical systems. Kluwer, Dordrecht, Holland
- Łojasiewicz, S. (1988) An Introduction to the theory of real functions. Wiley, Chichester
- Majewski, M. (2006) On the existence of optimal solutions to an optimal control problem. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 128: pp. 635-651 CrossRef
- Rehbock, V., Wang, S., Teo, K. L. (1998) Computing optimal control with hyperbolic partial differential equation. Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, Series B 40: pp. 266-287 CrossRef
- Tikhonov, A. N., Samarski, A. A. (1990) Equations of mathematical physics. Dover Publications, Inc., New York
- Walczak, S. (1987) Absolutely continuous functions of several variables and their application to differential equations. Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences 35: pp. 733-744
- Yang, R., Zhang, C., Xie, L. (2007) Linear quadratic Gaussian control of 2-dimensional systems. Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing 18: pp. 273-295 CrossRef
- On the existence of an optimal solution of the Mayer problem governed by 2D continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing
Volume 24, Issue 4 , pp 657-665
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Mayer problem
- Continuous counterpart of the Fornasini-Marchesini model
- Existence of optimal solutions
- Industry Sectors