Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change: what role for policy-makers, society and scientists?
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In developing countries where economies and livelihoods depend largely on ecosystem services, policies for adaptation to climate change should take into account the role of these services in increasing the resilience of society. This ecosystem-based approach to adaptation was the focus of an international workshop on “Adaptation to Climate Change: the role of Ecosystem Services” held in November 2008 in Costa Rica. This article presents the key messages from the workshop.
- Ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change: what role for policy-makers, society and scientists?
Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change
Volume 14, Issue 8 , pp 691-696
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Adaptation to climate change
- Ecosystem services
- Policy-science-society dialogue
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. CATIE, Climate Change Program, Turrialba, Costa Rica
- 4. ETH Zurich, Institute for Environmental Decisions, Natural and Social Science Interface, 8092, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2. CIRAD UPR Forest Policies, Montpellier, France
- 3. CIFOR ENV, Bogor, Indonesia