National primary standard for the unit of air kerma, air kerma rate, exposure, exposure rate, and x- and gamma-ray energy flux
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The current state of the national primary standard GET 8-2011 for the units of air kerma, exposure, their rates, and energy flux (power) in x- and gamma-radiation, which was revised in 2007–2011, is examined. The structure of the standard, and its operating principles and metrological characteristics, are described.
- I. V. Poroikov and K. K. Aglintsev, “On the reproduction of the Roentgen using a standard measurement system,” Trudy VNIIM (1938), Iss. 17(33), pp. 5–6.
- Fundamental Quantities and Units for Ionizing Radiation, ICRU Report 85, J. ICRU, 11, No. 1 (2011).
- Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of October 31, 2009, No. 879, On Confirming the Situation Regarding the Units of Quantities Permitted for Use in the Russian Federation.
- RMG 78-2005, GSI. Ionizing Radiations and Their Measurement. Terms and Definitions.
- The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection, ICRP Publ. 103, Ann. ICRP, 37 (2–4).
- MU 188.8.131.525-06, Hygiene Requirements for Ensuring Radiation Safety during Radiation Therapy with Closed Radionuclide Sources.
- Dosimetry in Diagnostic Radiology: An International Code of Practice, IAEA Tech. Reports Series No. 457, Vienna (2007).
- Radiation Protection Instrumentation and its Application, ICRU Report 20, Bethesda, MD, USA (1971).
- A. V. Oborin et al., Progress Report on Radiation Dosimetry at the VNIIM//CCRI(I)/11-05, CCRI(I): 20th Meeting, Sevres (2011).
- ISO 4037-4, x and Gamma Reference Radiation for Calibrating Dosimeters and Dose Rate Meters and for Determining Their Response as a Function of Photon Energy. Pt. 4. Calibration of Area and Personal Dosimeters in Low Energy x-Reference Radiation Fields (2004).
- IEC-61267, Medical Diagnostic x-Ray Equipment – Radiation Conditions for Use in the Determination of Characteristics, Geneva (2005).
- GOST R MEK 61267-2001, x-Ray Medial Diagnostic Apparatus. Conditions for Measurements to Determine Their Characteristics.
- GOST 8.087-2000, GSI. Conditions for Standard Dosimetric x- and Gamma-Radiation. Methods of Verifying Exposure Rate and Air Kerma Rate.
- P. J. Allisy-Roberts, D. T. Burns, and C. Kessler, Measuring Conditions and Uncertainties for the Comparison and Calibration of National Dosimetric Standards at the BIPM, Rapport BIPM-2011/04.
- Kharitonov, IA, Oborin, AV, Villevalde, AY (2007) Changes to the VNIIM air kerma primary standard. Metrologia 44: pp. L71-72 CrossRef
- C. Kessler et al., “Comparison of the standards for air kerma of the VNIIM and the BIPM for 60Co gamma radiation,” Metrologia, 48, Tech. Suppl., 06001 (2011).
- C. Kessler et al., “Comparison of the standards for air kerma of the VNIIM and the BIPM for 137Cs gamma radiation,” ibid., 06003.
- D. T. Burns et al., “Key comparison BIPM.RI(I)-K2 of the air kerma standards of the VNIIM, Russian Federation and the BIPM in low-energy x-rays,” Metrologia, 49, Tech. Suppl., 06003 (2012).
- D. T. Burns et al., “Key comparison BIPM.RI(I)-K3 of the air kerma standards of the VNIIM, Russian Federation and the BIPM in medium-energy x-rays,” Metrologia, 48, Tech. Suppl., 06004 (2011).
- National primary standard for the unit of air kerma, air kerma rate, exposure, exposure rate, and x- and gamma-ray energy flux
Volume 55, Issue 8 , pp 849-857
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- air kerma
- energy flux (power)
- x-rays and gamma-rays
- key comparisons
- Industry Sectors