Genetic Knowledge and Collective Identity
- Paul Brodwin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bosk, Charles (1992). All God's Mistakes: Genetic Counseling in a Pediatric Hospital. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Brodwin, Paul (2002). Genetics, Identity, and the Anthropology of Essentialism. Anthropological Quarterly 75(2): 323–330.
- Brodwin, Paul (2005). Genetic Truth-claims and Identity Politics in the Melungeon Community. In Race, Roots, and Relations: Native and African Americans. Terry Straus, ed., pp. 156–161. Chicago: Albatross Press.
- Flower, Michael J., and Deborah Heath (1993). Micro-Anatomo Politics: Mapping the Human Genome Project. Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry 17(1): 27–41.
- Gannett, Lisa (2001). Racism and the Human Genome Diversity Research: The Ethical Limits of “Population Thinking.” Philosophy of Science 68(3): S479–S492.
- Heath, Deborah, and Paul Rabinow, eds. (1993). Bio-Politics: The Anthropology of the New Genetics and Immunology. Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry 17(1).
- Rabinow, Paul (1993). Galton's Regret and DNA Typing. Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry 17(1): 59–65.
- Rabinow, Paul (1996). Essays in the Anthropology of Reason. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Starr, Paul (1982). The Social Transformation of American Medicine. New York: Basic Books.
- Taylor, Charles (1992). Multiculturalism and “The Politics of Recognition.” Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Genetic Knowledge and Collective Identity
Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry
Volume 29, Issue 2 , pp 139-143
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Paul Brodwin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Anthropology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, PO Box 413, Milwaukee, WI, 53201, USA