Influence of the long-term operation of 12Kh1M1F steel from different zones of a bend of steam pipeline of a thermal power plant on its mechanical characteristics
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We estimate the characteristics of strength, ductility, and static crack resistance of 12Kh1MF steel taken from the stretched, compressed, and neutral zones of a vertical bend and a straight part of the main steam pipeline of a thermal power plant after ~ 1.3 ⋅105 h of operation. The anisotropy of the mechanical char acteristics in the diametric and axial sections of the pipe and their gradients across the thickness of the pipe wall in fracture are discovered.
- M. A. Solomakha and S. I. Makobotskii, “On the reliability of the bends of steam pipelines made of 12Kh1MF steel,” Élektr. Stants., No. 4, 15–19 (1988).
- Krutasova, EI (1981) Reliability of the Metals of Power-Generating Equipment [in Russian]. Énergoizdat, Moscow
- Bugai, NV, Mukhopad, GV, Krasovskii, AY (1986) Enhancement of the Reliability of Boilers of Electric Power Plants [in Russian]. Tekhnika, Kiev
- Nakhalov, VA (1983) Reliability of the Bends of Pipelines of Thermal Power Plants [in Russian]. Énergoatomizdat, Moscow
- V. P. Kravchenko, “Erosion-corrosion wear of the bends of pipelines in the units of nuclear power plants with VVÉR-1000,” Vost.-Evrop. Zh. Per. Tekhn., No. 4/3, 65–68 (2006).
- Tulyakov, GA, Skorobogatov, NV, Grinevskii, VV (1991) Structural Materials for Power-Generating Machine-Building [in Russian]. Mashinostroenie, Moscow
- A. V. Stanyukovich, Procedures Aimed at Extension the Service Life and Reliability of the Bends of Steam Pipelines of Thermal Power Plants [in Russian], Proc. TsKTI, St.-Petersburg (1988).
- Antikain, PA (1990) Metals and Strength Analyses of Boilers and Pipelines [in Russian]. Énergoatomizdat, Moscow
- Melekhov, RK, Pokhmurs’kyi, VI (2003) Structural Materials for Power-Generating Equipment [in Ukrainian]. Naukova Dumka, Kiev
- Slobodchikova, NI (1981) Analysis and generalization of the events of failures of the bends of nonheated pipes of boilers and steam pipelines. Trudy Vseross. Teplotekh. Inst. 29: pp. 18-23
- Panasyuk, VV, Nykyforchyn, HM, Student, OZ, Slobodyan, ZV Application of the approaches of fracture mechanics to the evaluation of the hydrogen-induced degradation of steels of oil and steam pipelines. In: Andreikiv, OY, Luchko, II, Bozhydarnyk, VV eds. (2002) Mechanics and Physics of Fracture of Building Materials and Structures [in Ukrainian]. Kamenyar, Lviv, pp. 537-546
- Zahurs’kyi, A, Student, O Sensitivity of the mechanical properties of heat-resistant steels and their welded joints to high-temperature hydrogen-induced degradation. In: Panasyuk, VV eds. (2009) Fracture Mechanics of Materials and Strength of Structures [in Ukrainian]. Karpenko Physicomechanical Institute, Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences, Lviv, pp. 643-652
- GOST 1497–84. Metals. Methods for Tensile Testing [in Russian], Standartinform, Moscow (2006).
- Romaniv, OM, Nykyforchyn, HM, Dzyoba, IR, Student, OZ (1998) Effect of damage in service of 12Kh1MF steam-pipe steel on its crack resistance characteristics. Mater. Sci. 34: pp. 110-114 CrossRef
- Landes, JD, Begley, JA (1974) Test results from J -integral studies: an attempt to establish a J Ic testing procedure. Fract. Anal., STP 560. ASTM, New York, pp. 170-186
- ASTM E 1737–96. Standard Test Method for J -Integral Characterization of Fracture Toughness, ASTM, New York (1996), Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 03.01.
- STO TsTKI 10.003-2007. Pipelines for Steam and Hot Water at Thermal Power Stations. General Technical Requirements to Production [in Russian], Polzunov TsKTI, St.-Petersburg (2007).
- TU 14–3–460–2003. Seamless Steel Pipes for Steam Boilers and Pipelines [in Russian] (2003).
- Vainman, AB, Melekhov, RK, Smiyan, OD (1990) Hydrogen Embrittlement of the Elements of High-Pressure Boilers [in Russian]. Naukova Dumka, Kiev
- A. B. Vainman, “Hydrogen embrittlement of water-wall tubes of high-pressure drum boilers and its prevention,” Énergetika, No. 7, 11–14 (1985).
- Melekhov, RK, Krutsan, AM, Vasilik, AV, Vasilenko, II (1985) Formation of intergranular cracks in the water-wall tubes of boilers of thermal electric power plants. Mater. Sci. 21: pp. 483-487 CrossRef
- Dzioba, IR (2010) Properties of 13KhMF steel after operation and degradation under the laboratory conditions. Mater. Sci. 46: pp. 357-364 CrossRef
- Nykyforchyn, HM, Student, OZ, Krechkovs’ka, HV, Markov, AD (2010) Evaluation of the influence of shutdowns of a technological process on changes in the in-service state of the metal of main steam pipelines of thermal power plants. Mater. Sci. 46: pp. 177-189 CrossRef
- Ostash, OP, Vol’demarov, OV, Hladysh, PV, Ivasyshyn, AD (2010) Evaluation of the degradation of steels of steam pipelines according to their structural, mechanical, and electrochemical characteristics. Mater. Sci. 46: pp. 431-439 CrossRef
- Ostash, OP, Kondyr, AI, Vol’demarov, OV (2009) Structural microdamageability of steels of the steam pipelines of thermal power plants. Mater. Sci. 45: pp. 340-349 CrossRef
- Nykyforchyn, HM, Student, OZ, Markov, AD (2007) Abnormal manifestation of the high-temperature degradation of the weld metal of a low-alloy steel welded joint. Mater. Sci. 43: pp. 77-84 CrossRef
- Influence of the long-term operation of 12Kh1M1F steel from different zones of a bend of steam pipeline of a thermal power plant on its mechanical characteristics
Volume 48, Issue 2 , pp 239-246
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- heat-resistant steel
- in-service degradation
- mechanical characteristics
- static crack resistance
- Industry Sectors