Formation of Nanoscale Protective Coatings on Iron Alloys from Podand-Containing Solutions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We have shown the high efficiency of using podand complexes (open-chain analogs of crown-ethers) for the inhibition of corrosion of structural iron alloys in neutral aqueous solutions. We have proposed a mechanism for the control of the rate of spontaneous electrode processes on steel by complexes of zinc with modified podands.
- Yu. I. Kuznetsov, “Physicochemical aspects of the inhibition of metal corrosion in aqueous solutions,” Usp. Khim., 73, No. 1, 79– 93 (2004). CrossRef
- D. A. Tkalenko, A. O. Omel’chuk, Yu. P. Vyshnevs’ka, and N. M. Kompanichenko, “Complexing agents of analytical chemistry as inhibitors of metal corrosion,” Ukr. Khim. Zh., 75, No. 7. 52–56 (2009).
- O. S. Shepelenko, V. H. Shtamburh, V. B. Distanov, et al., “Podands as corrosion inhibitors in aqueous solutions,” Vopr. Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., No. 4(2), 289–292 (2011).
- O. S. Shepelenko, N. D. Salhnenko, V. G. Shtamburg, et al., “Theoretical preconditions of the use of podands as corrosion inhibitors,” in: Bull. “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” Nat. Techn. Univ. [in Ukrainian], Issue 31 (2011), pp. 64–67.
- Yu. I. Kuznetsov and T. P. Bardasheva, “Inhibitors of metal corrosion based on complexones. Rust protection of aluminum alloys by zinc phosphonates,” Zashch. Met., 24, No. 2, 234–240 (1988).
- Testing of Cooling Liquids for Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines: DSTU 28084-94 [in Ukrainian], Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy, Kyiv (1994).
- V. P. Chivruk, S. H. Polyakov, and Yu. S. Herasymenko, Electrochemical Monitoring of Anthropogenic Media [in Ukrainian], Akademperiodyka, Kyiv (2007).
- M. D. Sakhnenko, M. V. Ved’, O. S. Shepelenko, et al., Inhibitor of Corrosion and Scaling [in Ukrainian], Patent of Ukraine No. 45971, IPC С23F 11/04, С23F 11/08, Publ. 10.12.2009, Bull. No. 23.
- Formation of Nanoscale Protective Coatings on Iron Alloys from Podand-Containing Solutions
Volume 48, Issue 2 , pp 203-207
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- modified podands
- rust protection
- multielectrode systems
- surface films
- iron alloys
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” National Technical University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- 2. DVNZ “Ukrainian State Chemical Engineering University”, Dnipropetrovs’k, Ukraine
- 3. Institute of Chemistry, Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine