Formation of Nanoscale Protective Coatings on Iron Alloys from Podand-Containing Solutions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We have shown the high efficiency of using podand complexes (open-chain analogs of crown-ethers) for the inhibition of corrosion of structural iron alloys in neutral aqueous solutions. We have proposed a mechanism for the control of the rate of spontaneous electrode processes on steel by complexes of zinc with modified podands.
- Kuznetsov, YI (2004) Physicochemical aspects of the inhibition of metal corrosion in aqueous solutions. Usp. Khim. 73: pp. 79-93 CrossRef
- Tkalenko, DA, Omel’chuk, AO, Vyshnevs’ka, YP, Kompanichenko, NM (2009) Complexing agents of analytical chemistry as inhibitors of metal corrosion. Ukr. Khim. Zh. 75: pp. 52-56
- O. S. Shepelenko, V. H. Shtamburh, V. B. Distanov, et al., “Podands as corrosion inhibitors in aqueous solutions,” Vopr. Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., No. 4(2), 289–292 (2011).
- O. S. Shepelenko, N. D. Salhnenko, V. G. Shtamburg, et al., “Theoretical preconditions of the use of podands as corrosion inhibitors,” in: Bull. “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” Nat. Techn. Univ. [in Ukrainian], Issue 31 (2011), pp. 64–67.
- Kuznetsov, IY, Bardasheva, TP (1988) Inhibitors of metal corrosion based on complexones. Rust protection of aluminum alloys by zinc phosphonates. Zashch. Met. 24: pp. 234-240
- Testing of Cooling Liquids for Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines: DSTU 28084-94 [in Ukrainian], Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy, Kyiv (1994).
- Chivruk, VP, Polyakov, SH, Herasymenko, YS (2007) Electrochemical Monitoring of Anthropogenic Media [in Ukrainian]. Akademperiodyka, Kyiv
- M. D. Sakhnenko, M. V. Ved’, O. S. Shepelenko, et al., Inhibitor of Corrosion and Scaling [in Ukrainian], Patent of Ukraine No. 45971, IPC С23F 11/04, С23F 11/08, Publ. 10.12.2009, Bull. No. 23.
- Formation of Nanoscale Protective Coatings on Iron Alloys from Podand-Containing Solutions
Volume 48, Issue 2 , pp 203-207
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- modified podands
- rust protection
- multielectrode systems
- surface films
- iron alloys
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” National Technical University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- 2. DVNZ “Ukrainian State Chemical Engineering University”, Dnipropetrovs’k, Ukraine
- 3. Institute of Chemistry, Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine