Date: 09 Sep 2008
Framing the Professional Development of Members of the Science Teacher Education Community
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Abell, S., Gagnon, M., Hanuscin, D., Lee, M., & Rogers, M. P. (2007, January). Methods or madness: Preparing the next generation of elementary science teacher educators. Paper Presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Association for Science Teacher Education, Clearwater Beach, FL.
- Darling-Hammond, L, Bransford, J (2005) Preparing teachers for a changing world: What teachers should learn and be able to do. Wiley, San Francisco
- Davis, EA, Petish, D, Smithey, J (2006) Challenges new science teachers face. Review of Educational Research 76: pp. 607-651 CrossRef
- Eisenhart, M, DeHaan, RL (2005) Doctoral preparation of scientifically based education researchers. Educational Researcher 34: pp. 3-13 CrossRef
- Feiman-Nemser, S (2001) From preparation to practice: Designing a continuum to strengthen and sustain teaching. Teachers College Record 103: pp. 1013-1055 CrossRef
- Hewson, P Teacher professional development in science. In: Abell, S, Lederman, N eds. (2007) Handbook of research on science education. Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ, pp. 1179-1203
- Hiebert, J, Gallimore, R, Stigler, J (2002) A knowledge base for the teaching profession: What would it look like and how can we get one?. Educational Researcher 31: pp. 3-15 CrossRef
- Huberman, M (1989) The professional life-cycle of teachers. Teachers College Record 91: pp. 31-57
- Jablon, P. C. (2002, September). The status of science education doctoral programs in the United States: The need for core knowledge and skills. Electronic Journal of Science Education, 7(1). Available online at http://unr.edu/homepage/crowther/ejse/jablon.pdf.
- Labaree, DF (2003) The peculiar problems of preparing educational researchers. Educational Researcher 32: pp. 13-22 CrossRef
- Lieberman, A (1992) The meaning of scholarly activity and the building of community. Educational Researcher 21: pp. 5-12
- Nasir, NS, Hand, VM (2006) Exploring sociocultural perspectives on race, culture, and learning. Review of Educational Research 76: pp. 449-475 CrossRef
- Rahm, J, Miller, HC, Hartley, L, Moore, JC (2003) The value of an emergent notion of authenticity: Examples from two student/teacher–scientist partnership programs. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 40: pp. 737-756 CrossRef
- Roehrig, GH, Luft, JA (2006) Does one size fit all? The induction experience of beginning science teachers from different teacher-preparation programs. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 43: pp. 963-985 CrossRef
- Rogoff, B, Paradise, R, Arauz, RM, Correa-Chavez, M, Angelillo, C (2003) Firsthand learning through intent participation. Annual Review of Psychology 54: pp. 175-203 CrossRef
- Settlage, J., & Johnston, A. (2008, March). Communities of learning, practice, and scholarship: Applying social learning systems theory to an association of educational stakeholders. Paper Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New York.
- Settlage, J., Johnston, A., Meadows, L., Harkins, H., & Kittleson, J. (2007, January). Professional development at a crossroads: Using vexations as the focal point. Workshop Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association for Science Teacher Education, Clearwater Beach, FL.
- Snyder, TD, Dillow, SA, Hoffman, CM (2008) Digest of education statistics [Document No. NCES 2008022]. National Center for Education Statistics, Washington, DC
- Villenas, S (1996) The colonizer/colonized Chicana ethnographer: Identity, marginalization, and co-optation in the field. Harvard Educational Review 66: pp. 711-731
- Walker, GE, Golde, CM, Jones, L, Bueschel, AC, Hutchings, P (2008) The formation of scholars: Rethinking doctoral education for the twenty-first century. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco
- Wenger, E (1999) Communities of practice: Learning, meaning, and identity. Cambridge University Press, New York
- Framing the Professional Development of Members of the Science Teacher Education Community
Journal of Science Teacher Education
Volume 19, Issue 6 , pp 513-521
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links