Framing the Professional Development of Members of the Science Teacher Education Community
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Abell, S., Gagnon, M., Hanuscin, D., Lee, M., & Rogers, M. P. (2007, January). Methods or madness: Preparing the next generation of elementary science teacher educators. Paper Presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Association for Science Teacher Education, Clearwater Beach, FL.
- Darling-Hammond, L., & Bransford, J. (2005). Preparing teachers for a changing world: What teachers should learn and be able to do. San Francisco: Wiley.
- Davis, E. A., Petish, D., & Smithey, J. (2006). Challenges new science teachers face. Review of Educational Research, 76, 607–651. doi:10.3102/00346543076004607. CrossRef
- Eisenhart, M., & DeHaan, R. L. (2005). Doctoral preparation of scientifically based education researchers. Educational Researcher, 34(4), 3–13. doi:10.3102/0013189X034004003. CrossRef
- Feiman-Nemser, S. (2001). From preparation to practice: Designing a continuum to strengthen and sustain teaching. Teachers College Record, 103, 1013–1055. doi:10.1111/0161-4681.00141. CrossRef
- Hewson, P. (2007). Teacher professional development in science. In S. Abell & N. Lederman (Eds.), Handbook of research on science education (pp. 1179–1203). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Hiebert, J., Gallimore, R., & Stigler, J. (2002). A knowledge base for the teaching profession: What would it look like and how can we get one? Educational Researcher, 31(5), 3–15. doi:10.3102/0013189X031005003. CrossRef
- Huberman, M. (1989). The professional life-cycle of teachers. Teachers College Record, 91, 31–57.
- Jablon, P. C. (2002, September). The status of science education doctoral programs in the United States: The need for core knowledge and skills. Electronic Journal of Science Education, 7(1). Available online at http://unr.edu/homepage/crowther/ejse/jablon.pdf.
- Labaree, D. F. (2003). The peculiar problems of preparing educational researchers. Educational Researcher, 32(4), 13–22. doi:10.3102/0013189X032004013. CrossRef
- Lieberman, A. (1992). The meaning of scholarly activity and the building of community. Educational Researcher, 21(6), 5–12.
- Nasir, N. S., & Hand, V. M. (2006). Exploring sociocultural perspectives on race, culture, and learning. Review of Educational Research, 76, 449–475. doi:10.3102/00346543076004449. CrossRef
- Rahm, J., Miller, H. C., Hartley, L., & Moore, J. C. (2003). The value of an emergent notion of authenticity: Examples from two student/teacher–scientist partnership programs. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 40, 737–756. doi:10.1002/tea.10109. CrossRef
- Roehrig, G. H., & Luft, J. A. (2006). Does one size fit all? The induction experience of beginning science teachers from different teacher-preparation programs. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 43, 963–985. doi:10.1002/tea.20103. CrossRef
- Rogoff, B., Paradise, R., Arauz, R. M., Correa-Chavez, M., & Angelillo, C. (2003). Firsthand learning through intent participation. Annual Review of Psychology, 54, 175–203. doi:10.1146/annurev.psych.54.101601.145118. CrossRef
- Settlage, J., & Johnston, A. (2008, March). Communities of learning, practice, and scholarship: Applying social learning systems theory to an association of educational stakeholders. Paper Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New York.
- Settlage, J., Johnston, A., Meadows, L., Harkins, H., & Kittleson, J. (2007, January). Professional development at a crossroads: Using vexations as the focal point. Workshop Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association for Science Teacher Education, Clearwater Beach, FL.
- Snyder, T. D., Dillow, S. A., & Hoffman, C. M. (2008). Digest of education statistics [Document No. NCES 2008022]. Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics.
- Villenas, S. (1996). The colonizer/colonized Chicana ethnographer: Identity, marginalization, and co-optation in the field. Harvard Educational Review, 66, 711–731.
- Walker, G. E., Golde, C. M., Jones, L., Bueschel, A. C., & Hutchings, P. (2008). The formation of scholars: Rethinking doctoral education for the twenty-first century. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Wenger, E. (1999). Communities of practice: Learning, meaning, and identity. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Framing the Professional Development of Members of the Science Teacher Education Community
Journal of Science Teacher Education
Volume 19, Issue 6 , pp 513-521
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links