Controllability of Some Nonlinear Systems in Hilbert Spaces
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, several abstract results concerning the controllability of semilinear evolution systems are obtained. First, approximate controllability conditions for semilinear systems are obtained by means of a fixed-point theorem of the Rothe type; in this case, the compactness of the linear operator is assumed. Next, the exact controllability of semilinear systems with nonlinearities having small Lipschitz constants is derived by means of the Banach fixed-point theorem; in this case, the compactness of the operators is not assumed. In both cases, it is proven that the controllability of the linear system implies the controllability of the associated semilinear system. Finally, these abstract results are applied to the controllability of the semilinear wave and heat equations.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Zhou, H., Approximate Controllability for a Class of Semilinear Abstract Equations, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 21, pp. 551–555, 1983.
- Naito, K., Approximate Controllability for Trajectories of Semilinear Control Systems, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol, 60, pp. 57–65, 1989.
- Li, X., and Yong, J., Optimal Control Theory for Infinite-Dimensional Systems, Birkhauser, Basel, Switzerland, 1994.
- Bian, W. M., Constrained Controllability of Some Nonlinear Systems, Applicable Analysis, Vol. 72, pp. 57–73, 1999.
- Carmichael, N., and Quinn, M.D., Fixed-Point Methods in Nonlinear Control, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 75, pp. 24–51, 1984.
- Zhang, X., Exact Controllability of Semilinear Evolution Systems and Its Application, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 107, pp. 415–432, 2000.
- Seidmann, T. I., Invariance of the Reachable Set under Nonlinear Pertubations, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 25, pp. 1173–1191, 1985.
- Lasiecka, I., and Triggiani, R., Exact Controllability of Semilinear Abstract Systems with Applications to Waves and Plates Boundary Control Problems, Applied Mathematics and Optimization, Vol. 23, pp. 109–154, 1991.
- Balachandran, K., and Sakthivel, R., Controllability of Integrodifferential Systems in Banach Spaces, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 118, pp. 63–71, 2001.
- Mahmudov, N. I., On Controllability of Linear Stochastic Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 46, pp. 724–732, 2001.
- Curtain, R. F., and Zwart H. J., An Introduction to Infinite-Dimensional Linear Systems Theory, Springer Verlag, New York, NY, 1995.
- Smart, D. R., Fixed-Point Theorems, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1974.
About this Article
- Controllability of Some Nonlinear Systems in Hilbert Spaces
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 123, Issue 2 , pp 319-329
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Infinite-dimensional systems
- linear systems
- fixed-point theorems
- Industry Sectors